• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can I get some opinions on this?

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
Before buying Mario+ Rabbids Kingdom Battle, I looked up a few reviews of the game, and one of them said it only lasted 20-30 hours. I thought that was an exaggeration considering they probably didn't factor in the challenges and DLC.

I was wrong.

I've cleared every level in both modes, I've opened all the chests in DK and am missing less than a dozen on the main mode, I've completed all the regular challenges but not the DLC or Ultimates (I mean, I've cleared a few, but not all) and so on and so forth.

Now I'm thinking about what I could potentially get next and I'm considering trying the Pokémon series. However, my only experience with the series is through Smash and my brother watching the TV show.

So, opinions on Pokémon and what game I should get from said series?

(I have a 3DS, a Switch, a Wii, a Wii U, and an emulator for 64 and Gamecube)

Last edited:

Gorozoron

wild ride
Before buying Mario+ Rabbids Kingdom Battle, I looked up a few reviews of the game, and one of them said it only lasted 20-30 hours. I thought that was an exaggeration considering they probably didn't factor in the challenges and DLC.

I was wrong.

I've cleared every level in both modes, I've opened all the chests in DK and am missing less than a dozen on the main mode, I've completed all the regular challenges but not the DLC or Ultimates (I mean, I've cleared a few, but not all) and so on and so forth.

Now I'm thinking about what I could potentially get next and I'm considering trying the Pokémon series. However, my only experience with the series is through Smash and my brother watching the TV show.

So, opinions on Pokémon and what game I should get from said series?
I can say don't get pokemon sword and shield
I say gen 3 to 7 are the games you should think of getting

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I don't know if you're an emulation guy, but if you are, I'd easily say pokemon fire red/leaf green, crystal, emerald, platinum, heart gold/soul silver, or black white 2

if you're not an emulation guy, I guess maybe the diamond pearl remakes that are coming up for switch? not much modern pokemon games I can recommend, though if you have a 3ds, pokemon crystal is on virtual console, and I guess any of the 3ds pokemon games can work too, though I've heard really mixed things on ultra sun and moon so maybe not that

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
It's a bit hard to say if you don't tell us which consoles you have, lol.
The Spin-offs are pretty good too. You could give Pokémon Conquest, Mystery Dungeon, and Ranger a try.
If you like 3D arena fighting games Pokkén is considered to be a really good game too.

If you can emulate older home console games maybe try Colosseum and XD but I'm not sure how well they aged.
Pokémon Stadium is fun too.

For Switch Legends and the DP remakes like Mark said were just announced so you could wait to give them a try maybe.
If anything you can even go for Pokémon Go (the mobile one, not the console Let's Go), it gets a bit of hate but it has a legit community and despite all the mobile shenanigans with microtransactions it might be a good introduction to the creatures.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'll say it again: Twilight Princess HD on your Wii U. You mentioned MRKB taking 30ish hours, my TPHD slot has slightly less than 40, like 39 something, and I'm planning to go back into it to 100% it. It's a great game.

EDIT: I COMPLETELY MISSED THIS WAS ABOUT POKEMON.

In that case, I was just asking the same thing on a Pokemon forum the other day, and I didn't hear a negative word about SwSh. I'm probably gonna get Lets Go Pikachu based on what I heard there, but that's just because I'm getting it to play with my little brother, and they said it's an easier intro than SwSh, but that SwSh is a perfectly good option.

Last edited:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
and I didn't hear a negative word about SwSh
ah boy
SwSh is prolly the game that got the most backlash in Pokémon’s history hahaha

I feel like a few of the issues were fixed and some others don’t really affect casual players, but still. It’s not a bad game by any means, though.

It’s probably the most accessible one since it’s the first main game for a home console, but if you can play some of the older ones for hand consoles give them a try!

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
ah boy
SwSh is prolly the game that got the most backlash in Pokémon’s history hahaha

I feel like a few of the issues were fixed and some others don’t really affect casual players, but still. It’s not a bad game by any means, though.

It’s probably the most accessible one since it’s the first main game for a home console, but if you can play some of the older ones for hand consoles give them a try!
This was your own Bulbagarden, boi.
Also, you know I'm hyper casual about video games so idrc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom