• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can BotW2 Top the Best Fight in BotW?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If there is one thing I see Breath of the Wild get criticized for a lot, it's the lack of diversity in the boss fights. Hell, even the final boss is basically just a harder version of the same fights we do in all the Divine Beasts before it (and if you skip the Divine Beasts, you do all the fights in quick succession, which is a bit tiresome). As much as I love the combat system in Breath of the Wild, I do find the the bosses get a bit repetitive and stale.

The Champions Ballad DLC, however, redeemed this game's lackluster boss fights. Minor spoiler warning for those who haven't yet played the DLC:
The fight against the Sheikah Monk Maz Koshia is the most difficult fight in the game, and is an excellent fight. It is far different from any of the other bosses and is incredibly fun, and also very rewarding to successfully complete. It has basically everything I wanted from bosses in this game and more. It is, as far as I am concerned, the single best fight in the entire game.
Do you guys think Breath of the Wild 2 will be able to top this fight? With how great of a job they did with the final boss of the Champs Ballad DLC, I have a hard time seeing many ways they could have made it better. I definitely hope to see more fights like it, but I am unsure if they will be able to top it in the sequel. If they do, though, they may just make the perfect boss fight.

One would hope.

I'm intrigued to see if they add anything to the combat or keep it how it is.

If Ganondorf is going to be a threat in this game I sure hope they do him a justice.

Though I've never thought boss battles needed to be hard, so much as they need to be fun and memorable.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
One would hope.

I'm intrigued to see if they add anything to the combat or keep it how it is.

If Ganondorf is going to be a threat in this game I sure hope they do him a justice.

Though I've never thought boss battles needed to be hard, so much as they need to be fun and memorable.

I mean, there should be some difficulty. If a boss fight doesn't test you in some way, how can it be considered a boss fight?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Bosses is definitely an area where I think BotW2 needs to seriously outdo it's predecessor. I've written in a thread before about how I'd love for each boss to have their own look and distinct challenge to them. Give me a fire dragon, or a big icy monster, or a sea snake.

It could be topped, for sure. Nintendo have proven that they have it in them to do great bosses in Zelda, like OP's mention of Maz Koshida, or Koloktos from SS. With BotW2, they certainly have the resources, and the creativity, to pull it off.

i would of loved to have seen some ocarina of time style bosses in BOTW and seriously hope Nintendo does a better job this time round , if the rumors of going back to traditional style dungeons are true we could be in for some epic battles at least i really hope so.

TheTrueHero

The Skeleton of Judgement
I would love it if there were way more bosses in particular and if they had some new bosses instead of the same bosses that we’ve seen so many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom