• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Camp Half-Blood (Rp Thread)

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Hello, I am not the one who started this thread, but I think its best I do. The real founder of this Camp Half-Blood RP is "Hero of Time". Many say he has decided not to contribute to this site anymore, which is fine. (tell me if this is incorrect though, it IS Hero of Time's RP, I just wanted to keep it alive)

So, to keep CHB alive, I decided to start the RP thread for it.

Here are the people who joined, and their characters:
Hero of Time's character:
Name: Russell Sullivan
Cabin/Godly Parent: Zeus (although only he knows it)
Personality: kind, smart, strategic, humorous, will do anything for his friends
Appearance: light brown/almost blond hair, blue eyes, very bright smile, handsome, pretty tall, muscular
Background: He was raised by his mother in Boston. She was seriously injured in a car crash. Before dying at the hospital, she told Russell about his father and Camp Half-Blood. He went there the next day on a train. He was there about a month before Percy got there.
Weapon(s): a Celestial bronze sword that can bring down lightning when planted in the ground, a gold shield, and a bow and arrow

Darknut_Hunter's character:
Name: Cyrus Larkson
Parent: Hades
Personality: Calm, cool, and collected mostly, if a little shy. He can be exuberant however and he's easily distracted.
Appearance: About 6 feet, 140 lbs. Kinda lanky but surprisingly strong. Straight black hair that's cut in an emo/scene cut style and hazel eyes. Often wears black, grey, or blue skinny jeans and black skate shoes with various band t-shirts.
Background: Discovered he was a demigod when he was about 14. Lives with his mother in upstate New York. She explained one day after he was almost killed in a freak bus accident. First went to Camp Half-Blood two years before Percy and has been there every summer since.
Weapons: A pure black straight edged katana that is forged out of an unknown high density metal from the underworld. It can turn into mist and solidify on command and is virtually indestructible. Also uses an electric guitar that produces super destructive blast waves of sound and shadow energy.
*Please note that my character knows he's the son of Hades but hasn't told anyone else and Hades hasn't claimed him.

_VioLink_'s character:
Name: Lynn Zachary
Cabin/Godly Parent: Athena (she knew that Lynn knew.) -i has no idea,so i pick Athena:3-
Personality: Athletic,Outdoor person,focused,kinda Happy,energetic,smart and weirdly strong.
Appearance: Has icy-colored hair (bluish white),green emerald eyes,something around medium height,likes to wear blue plain t-shirt,wears white skinny jeans and always wears a pair of converse shoes.
Background: She took care of her dad everyday.Her father has a cancer that could never be cured and he can live just for 3 weeks.After about the 3 weeks,her father died and with his dying breath,he told Lynn that she was a demigod.She went to Camp Half-Blood 3 weeks before Percy.
Weapon(s): She has a bow and arrow,with a big quiver that can hold up to 130 arrows.She also has a sword,a sword that is really strong than the others.Has a round shield like Percy's shield.

Lukémon's character:
Name: Raphael Smith
Cabin/Godly parent: Apollo ( doesn't know it yet )
Personality: Strong willed, caring, energetic
Appearance: Red hair, blue eyes, tall, wears a blue T-Shirt with red trousers and a black belt, often wears black and white trainers.
Background: His mother died 2 years ago in a car accident, and he never really knew where his father was, he lived by himself for those two years wandering the states, sometimes not even knowing where he was, he found out that he had very good accuracy when throwing stones at a wall one time, he always seemed to hit the target, he met someone on his travels, who gave him the address of camp half blood, it turned out that the person he met was actually a stayr, ( but he didn't know that yet. ) he decided to head towards this address just to check it out.
Weapons: ( when he does get into camp half blood ) Bow and a quiver which seems to have unlimited arrows in , sword for close combat, although not as skilled as with his bow.

Raindrop14's character:
Name: Angela Baracks
Cabin/Godly Parent: Artemis
Personality: Loves dogs, is nice to people she knows well, doesn't get to know a lot of people, not out-going, a little iffy on people she just met, gets heated up in a debate where she thinks the other person knows nothing
Appearance: Light blue jeans, white short sleeved shirt, white sneakers, long light brown hair to waist a little wavy, silver eyes, light tan skin, freckles on cheeks, normal body build.
Background: Angela's father(Jonathan) was miserible. Artemis saw that and decided that a child would bring great joy to him. She had his child and left him. She said she'd visit him twice a year, once on her daughter's birthday and once on the anniversary day they met. She said she'd stop coming though when Angela was old enough to tell who Artemis was. She stopped coming when Angela turned 10. Jonathan was a little depressed again, but still happy for the daughter. He took care of her, and has been every since. Angela doesn't know who her mother is, Jonathan told her she died when Angela was 10.
Weapon(s): Bow and arrow

blue-eyes's character:
Name: Elliot Wuuth
Cabin/Godly Parent: Apollo
Personality: Outgoing, brave, always putting other before himself. Will try his best, but doesn't tolerate bullying, especially towards his friends
Appearance: Has piercing blue eyes, almost always looks a little sad. Wears a white sweatshirt over his orange Camp Tee-shirt. Medium length blonde hair, and has these shoes
Background:Was an only child. His mother was very caring, but he was bullied almost always, usually for standing up towards the kids who were also bullied. Instead of standing down, he would take it fo0r the other kids. His Mom told him he was a Half-Blood on his 13th birthday, so he had been at Camp for almost a year. He would take out his anger on the archery range, so he is very good at archery.
Weapon(s): Bow and a quiver with 24 celestial bronze arrows (guess where I came up with that number), a short sword and a shield.
Other: Has a crush on Lynn (VioLinks character) If she is OK with it.

Go Skyward's character:
Name: Vince Tolken
Cabin/Godly Parent: Ares (I felt like choosing one no one else had. thanks wiki)
Personality: Quite prideful, can be cocky, but is able to be smarter than most people. Will only listen to people who beat him in a fight.
Appearance: Vince1.jpg (he is either wearing black or purple. lol, he doesn't really like wearing jackets, unlike the photo, he, oddly enough, likes wearing dress shirts with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. No one knows where he gets them)
Background: He lives alone on the streets because he has no known family, he will do any job for a some of good money. He learned to survive on his own and trust no one. He had no idea he was a 'demi-god' until he was attacked by a strange creature. He doesn't know who his "godly parent" is but he has a feeling which one it is. He can live off of chips and wine for months, how? No one knows, he will never admit how.
Weapon(s): His weapon of choice is throwing knifes/daggers but he can use a sword when needed. He mainly depends on his throwing knife skills and his own man-power.

Go Skyward's other character:
Name: Lance Tolken
Cabin/Godly Parent: Poseidon (I was given permission by Hero.)
Personality: He is quite shy and really doesn't talk to anyone. He tends to depend on himself more than others because he is afraid of failure or being misjudged. Once you get to know him he's a pretty cool guy. He listens to pretty much every type of music, he likes to sing and he will do pretty much anything for food. He and Vince are 'brothers' in a sense but they hate each other.
Appearance: Looks pretty much the same as Vince, just Lance's eyes are blue and Lance has a scar on his left eye that extends to the side of his left eye, but this scar is mostly covered by his black hair. Lance also has a matching scar to the one on his face, on his right arm. Thus making Lance a left handed swordsman. They look about the same but Vince is just a little bit taller than Lance. Vince looks a bit more pale, Lance has more color in his face. They are easily confused with one another.
Lance's sword looks like this (but a bit larger)Curved_Sword.jpg it also can double as a range weapon, it kind of works like a boomerang, if that makes any sense.
Background: ooohhh boy, how do I keep Lance ever-so-changing backstory short and cute? hmmm... Well to start, his father died when Lance was 7, he got his scars in this tragic event as well. He hates both of his scars so he ALWAYS keeps his arm scar covered by all means. Lance took care of his family (which only is just his little sister and mother) until now, when he was told he was a demi-god, which he didn't believe at all. So the person who told him the news forced him to go to the CHB camp, which he will not enjoy too much.

Chilfo Freeze's Character:
Name: Tylin Prowest
Gender: Female (thought I'd even out the males and females )
Cabin/Godly Parent: Hera (goddess of marriage, childbirth)
Personality: Just like Hera, she has a motherly personality; always looking out for others and caring for them when they need it the most. She can become defensive when others scrutinize or criticize her or anybody else. She listens to her heart in most situations. Very shy sometimes, quite bashful. Knows she means well at all times.
Appearance: Attachment 25798 (Get rid of the schoolgirl look. Replace it with a v-neck sweater - dark purple.)
Background: Tylin was the offspring of one of Hera's romances with an earthly King affairs. This King was no imperialist; he just did his duty with a kind heart and a good soul. The King died while in throne, so Hera raised her well. She was nurtured well, just as anyone would be by the goddess of childbirth. Tylin knows of hurt to a major degree; sometimes the King would have to execute prisoners that committed treason, and policies stated that those executions had to be held in town for everyone to see. Tylin also grew up with lots of nature surrounding her, and once helped a momma rabbit give birth to 5 bunnies. (Oh gawd, so corny!)
Weapon(s): (dang, most of y'all have bow and arrow :/ ) invisibility cloak comes in handy most of the time to avoid fighting. If she has to fight, she keeps daggers for long range fighting.

Myriadviper42's character:
Name: Aaron Celest
Cabin/Godly Parent: Athena
Personality: Sly, calm, works for himself, has a hostile attitude toward his fellow campers
Appearance: Thin, medium-height, long blond hair and gray eyes. Wears black t-shirt and jeans.
Background: Typical demigod background, arrived at camp age 14.
Weapon(s): Elaborate spear, thin sword.

Dragoncat's character:
Name: Rene Hunter
Cabin/Godly Parent: Apollo
Personality: Intelligent and witty. Anything can become a joke when she's in a good mood, but when she's in a bad mood, watch out.
Appearance: Messy, medium length brown hair. Green eyes. Glasses. Usually wears t shirts and windbreaker pants or shorts, with tennis shoes.
Background: She knew she was different from a young age, and was constantly picked on in elementary school for anything and everything. The only one in school who seemed to understand her was a girl named Stella, and they were close friends. One day, shortly after Rene's first day in middle school, the schoolyard bullies were particularly nasty, and turned out to be a group of monsters. Stella also revealed her true identity that day: a dryad. Stella brought Rene to Camp Half Blood after that.
Weapon(s): Bow, sword

Zelda_Ali_Baba's character:
Name: Olivia (I haven’t thought of an official last name for her yet, so I’m just going to leave it blank haha)
Cabin/Godly Parent: Aphrodite (of love and beauty)
Personality: Very shy at first, but once she talks to someone she is very sociable. She hates when somebody feels sad or left out, so she does whatever she can to make them feel included. While she is very sweet, she can have her sarcastic moments and bad moments when she’s angry. When frightened, she can be a bit of a coward but if any of her friends are in danger she stays, even if she doesn’t like it.
Appearance: Ankle length, straight, dark brown hair. Her bangs hang slightly over her right eye and sometimes cover it completely. Her eyes are red and her skin is tan. She is skinny but strong, about medium in height. As for what she wears, it's usually black shorts with a red tank-top and black and red striped convers.
Background: After having Olivia, Aphrodite had to leave her daughter and husband and was not allowed to come back for awhile. The father took out his anger for this on his infant daughter and decided he did not want Olivia anymore because she reminded him so much of Aphrodite. When Olivia was about two years old, he left her in the streets. A couple found her and took her to Child Care Services. At the age of ten she was adopted. The man of the family who adopted her turned out to be an evil man who liked to abuse anyone he could get his hands on. Finally at the age of 14 she was sick of his cruelty and decided to stand up to him. He also raged, and before they could land a finger on each other something happened to the family members that the man has always blamed Olivia for (that part is vague because its supposed to be a little mysterious, and Olivia doesn’t like to talk about what happened). While her adopted father went to jail for being appointed the person who did the horrible event, Olivia ran and took care of herself in the streets for two years. She was just on the brink of needing a place to stay when she ran into an old friend from the adoption agency and the person told her to find Camp Half Blood. Olivia wasn’t sure of this place, but she was tired of sleeping in the streets and just needed a place to stay. Plus she always felt different and felt a connection to this camp place.
Weapon(s): She carries a slightly curved longsword with a black blade and hilt which her father mysteriously gave to her before placing her beside the road. She knows a bit about crossbows and archery, but she is much better with the sword.
I should really add all the new characters... D;

Last edited:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
"Take this! And that!".Lynn was training with her dummy.It was a fun experience for her.She uses her sword that was given from her mother.She won battles for more than 100.After her training,she went to her cabin and always wondered that if she can go to real adventures.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyurs

It was dark with the blindfold on. No light pierced through. Just pitch black. He needed it that way. Sleeping mid day in the Hermes cabin meant that the curtains stayed open. And that it had to be loud. Luckily for Cyrus he was listening to his music. And good music at that. He had his Deathcore playlist on and was currently listening to Born of Osiris, something that people didn't understand. 'How can you fall asleep while listening to that?' they'd say. He'd respond 'I just do. It's not that hard.' Usually they left it at that. Just as well too. Cyrus wasn't exactly a people person. He was an only child, and his loner attitude usually drove others away. Some people went so far as to say he was cold, literally. It was true of course. Being the son of Hades, god of the underworld and death, meant that his body temperature was a bit lower than most people. Course he never told anyone he was the son of Hades. With the ban on children of "The Big Three" revealing his secret would be suicide, or at least a big mistake.

Cyrus sat up. He couldn't get any sleep. "Guess I slept too much last night," he thought. Cyrus stood up and pulled on his favorite T-shirt, a light blue A Day To Remember band tee with a severed wolfs head. He laced up his shoes, grabbed his guitar and amp, and went outside. He walked to the amphitheater and hooked up his guitar and began to play some basic riffs. "Just gonna enjoy myself here I guess," he thought.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Raphael was just minding his business on a back street in Manhattan, he looked up and said, " Those birds look kind of big. " he picked a stone up and chucked it at the bird, " Direct hit. " he said, the bird then flew towards him in rage, but this bird was no ordinary bird, it was a furry, when Raphael saw the size of it he said, " Shouldn't of done that! " and he then ran off quickly, with the furry in hot pursuit.

Go_Skyward

Vince:

Vince had only arrived at CHB less than two days ago. He figured, with a bunch of demi-god's they wouldn't question his dark nature. He thought the glares, hatred, and pure fear of him would stop. Nope. Nothing changed. He was just the guy with the piercing red eyes with no soul. Not that Vince cared what others thought, he rarely spoke to anyone, knowing what they already thought of him. Everyone figured when he first came he was a son of Hades. He thought otherwise, he may be full of 'pure evil' but that doesn't mean he's Hades son.

Anyways, enough of pure evil. Vince was practicing his throwing knife skills, not like he needed the practice, but he more considered it a sport.
Vince saw a giant bird chasing a kid he did know around (Raphael), Vince shrugged and threw a knife at the bird, hitting it square in the eye.

(I may make a rule where you can have more than one character if you like, no more than 3 characters per person though, unless you are playing a counselor that is a temporary character. Of course, having more than one character is not required, just something to show I am a good rp host who isn't going to strike you guys down with lightning xD. Anyways, for now I will add Vince's "brother", Lance. xD I will add his character details in the spoiler tag.)

Lance:

He had just recently found about his "demi-god" being. Lance, strongly like the thought of this. He felt like he had better things to do. But no, he was forced into going by the cloaked person who told him his "demi-god" nature. Lance didn't have the slightest clue who his parent was, nor did he care.
But for now, he walked up to a giant gate that opened to him when he got close. He was greeted by some counselors but he didn't say much aside from his name. He also asked where he was to stay, since this would be his home for a while, he figured. They pointed him to a plain looking cabin and told him "the demi-god's who don't know who their parents are stay in that cabin." He then nodded at the counselors and went into the cabin, he the seized a unclaimed bed on the top bunk. He placed what little things he brought with him then he left the cabin. He was now headed for sword practice.

(I am somewhat familiar with the Percy Jackson series. I only know a few things about it due to an RP just like this one that I was in before, and I saw the movie xD. So please, if you've read the series, correct me if I mess up on some things.)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

The chords were sounding decent and he'd gotten better at solos. Sweeping was getting pretty good too. "Just a bit more," Cyrus thought, "A bit more and I'll get good enough to try and form a band." Cyrus looked out across the quiet complex. It was mid-day and summer had just started so not everyone had arrived yet. Most would be getting here today and tomorrow. Just as he contemplated this Cyrus saw a couple boys arrive, both about his age and both very similar in appearance. He could tell them apart but they were definitely twins. One of them disappeared off to the target range. Cyrus usually didn't go over there. He wasn't one for ranged combat, though he did have a couple tricks up his sleeve. But those were abilities that he didn't want to reveal.

Cyrus turned and saw the other boy walk off to the Hermes cabin. "Guess he doesn't know who his parent is," Cyrus muttered to himself. "He definitely doesn't look like a Hermes." The boy walked out a few minutes later with a sword in hand. Basic celestial bronze with a nice finish on it.

Cyrus walked back to the cabin. "Might as well get some sword practice in and meet the new guy." Cyrus went inside and put his stuff down and grabbed his trusted blade. It was a straight edged katana, all black, and very useful. It had the unique ability to phase between solid and gaseous forms, making it very unpredictable. It was a gift from Hades but he couldn't tell that to anyone. He had kept this farce up for two years and wasn't gonna drop it anytime soon. Most people thought it was just a specialty blade from Hephaestus and that Cyrus was just a forgotten child of his. Cyrus didn't mind. Just as long as he hid his true nature.

Cyrus made his way back outside to the practice area. He stepped up to his target and began a basic warm up routine on the dummy, keeping watch on the boy from earlier out of the corner of his eye.

Go_Skyward

(I never explained how Lance's sword looked, opps! I edited the spoiler tag :sweat:)

Lance:

Lance noticed the boy with the straight edged katana, and also noticed that the kid kept an eye on him. Lance, pretending like he was busy cleaning his blade, watched the boy practice on the training dummy. After a few minutes, Lance called out to him, "Hey! You're uhh.. pretty good! ... want to duel?" Lance felt pretty stupid asking this question, but he didn't want to be completely alone. He felt maybe this could be his chance at a clean slate not to be bullied like he was in school (also, forgot to add that detail) so, he felt good about maybe meeting someone who shared a common interest in swords. He also would rather get the thought off his mind that his "brother" was also going to the camp.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

Cyrus was practicing technicalities. Best thing to do really, they just flowed smoothly and were easily a fighter's greatest tool. Cyrus was caught up in his practicing but stopped when he heard the boy from earlier. He was cleaning his sword but looked ready. The boy congratulated Cyrus on his form and abilities before asking for a duel. He looked a bit nervous but it was probably from this being his first time at Camp Half Blood.

Cyrus stopped and thought for a moment. While he did like to meet new people, he wasn't always keen on it. Often times he'd end up stabbed in the back or the person just never cared enough for his company. "Probably my stupid closed off personality," he thought. Nevertheless, Cyrus accepted. "Sure, I'll fight you," he replied. "I'm always up for a new challenge and I'd be happy to see your skills. By the way, what's your name?"

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Angela:

This was her first time at any camp. She was nervous as she sat in the car. Her dad was driving her to a camp called Camp Half-Blood. She didn't know why it was called that, just that her father wanted her to go there. She wondered what it would be like, what sort of activities she'd be doing. The car stopped in front of the entrance and she got out. She went to the trunk and pulled out her bag, then followed her father to the counselors.

"Welcome." They said brightly.

She turned around and said good bye to her father, then followed the counselors inside. They led her into an opening. She looked around at all the cabins to see which one she was assigned to.

Violet Link

When Lynn is inside her cabin,she saw a girl arrived."Newcomers.Better introduce them!" she thought.She went outside and walked to the girl."Welcome! This is Camp Half-Blood.Let me introduce myself.I'm Lynn Zachary.....and you?" she said.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Angela:

"My name is Angela Baracks. Nice to meet you." She said with a smile. "You don't happen to know where I'm supposed to go do you?"

Go_Skyward

Lance:

"Oh," He said, embarrassed he forgot to state his name, "My name is Lance. Lance Tolken. I would say I am pretty good with a sword, so you better prepare yourself!" Lance then raised his blade, with his left hand, in front of himself.

Vince:

The bird feel to the ground and Vince walked up to the bird and pulled out his dagger, he waved to the kid and walked away. Vince walked towards the camp entrance, he was told he was one of the many new campers to be arriving to the camp, Lance, Vince's half brother, being one of them. He spotted the two girls addressing each other so he thought it was best he not interrupt. He passed them anyways, as he passed them he lifted his right arm and appeared to wave at them briefly before heading back to his cabin.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

"A lefty," Cyrus thought. "Guess I better be ready. My right handedness may end up being a draw back." Cyrus spun his blade in his hand, feeling it's weight as he casually took up his normal fighting stance, with his blade down by his side but still ready. "Well Lance," Cyrus said, "My name is Cyrus. It's nice to meet you I suppose. Sorry if I seem blunt but I've never been much of a people person. Your one of the few who has ever really had the guts to talk to me."

Cyrus stepped forward and swung his blade from his lower left towards his upper right in simple sweep. Just a basic maneuver to meet his opponent. He felt the blades clang as a cool breeze blew through the air, alleviating some of the sweat from his forehead.

Violet Link

"Angela....Hm....Maybe.I was told to bring a newcomer before I practice....Yeah,it seems you're staying at near my cabin.Follow me." she told Angela."By the way......One of your parents must be a god....or a goddess.....My mom is Athena....yours?"

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
( technically, I was nowhere near Camp Half Blood but meh. )
" What the heck was that? " Sees a dagger in it's eye and looks over to Vince, " O..K.., creepy red eyed dude, I must be going mad or something, first I get attacked by some wierd bird, then, I find that some creepy red eyed thing saved me? I need a lie down. " Raphael begins to walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom