• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Cameos and References Found in Zelda

LinkZ

Hookshot Sharpshooter
Herro, Interweb Crusaders!
My name is LinkZ, and I just want to talk about some cameos and references towards other things that I have found.
The first one is from Ocarina of Time. (Most people probably already know this one) In Hyrule Castle Town the Happy Mask Salesman has his Keaton mask that looks like Pikachu.i.chzbgr.jpg Later, I discovered (by watching the Zelda edition of Did You Know Gaming?) that in the German version of OoT you can wear the Keaton Mask and talk to Zelda. She says something along the lines of "Oh! You must be one of those Pocket Monsters!". So yeah. The other one I found in Ocarina of Time is in Hyrule Castle. After dodging the guards, you end up in a garden. Zelda is watching Ganondorf at the far end. In the window to the right you can see paintings of Mario characters.Mario_and_Bowser cameo painting ocarina of tiime zelda N64.jpg
In Majora's Mask, I found that the Indigo-Gos (the Zora band) band name bears a coincidental resemblance to the 80's band the Go-Gos. And lastly I discovered that Tingle's face is based on Koji Kondo, the music director for the Zelda games. imgres.jpg
Well, that's it for now. Bai.

(sorry for the small pictures)

Salem

SICK
LA is full of Mario and other Nintendo references, it has "Wart" from Super Mario Bros.2 and stuff. Even some of the bosses as well,

I thought that was supposed to be a carving of Link fighting some monster? Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think the character depicted was holding a sword and maybe a shield(?).
That drawing is supposed to be foreshadowing or something? Either case, it's odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom