• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Calling or Texting?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you still use often your mobile phone to make calls and/or send text messages?

Perhaps rather than traditional calls and text you use other services such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, FaceTime, LINE, etc. In any case, do you rather call with voice or send text-based communications?

I generally dislike talking on the phone and find texts to be much easier so where possible I use text based messaging. Rather than using traditional means I generally use Facebook Messenger and LINE depending on who I am messaging. I have been calling my family via FaceTime to keep in touch since I am overseas but when I eventually return to Australia I imagine that we will go back to texting and seeing each other in person instead.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I omnly use my phone for calls or text. I can do anything with the internet at home. I only use google maps on my phone. Or very rarely facebook. If I have to make a choice between the two I usually call because that's quicker to get a reply as well. But if the person's not available I use text. Yep I'm that old fashioned and I totally love it!!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have an irrational fear of phone calls so I prefer texting. I typically use phone to text message or use messanger on facebook when communicating with people.

I prefer texting because sometimes I stumble over my words and embarrass myself, but there are some things that are easier through calling, like a quick confirmation or something, when the person doesn’t always check their texts.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I prefer to be texted because being called is usually inconvenient and the message could be conveyed through text anyway. I actually dislike being called without warning though I don't mind calling as much because I am in control and have had adequate time to consider what is to be said during the call.

Ninja

Well well well
Texting all the way. I only accept calls from people I know. I know it sounds messed up lol but I’ll miss a cal on purpose hoping for a text after, then I’ll usually respond with “sorry was asleep.”

My friends and family must think I’m always sleeping!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Much prefer texting to calling, takes all the pressure off the response and if you don't feel up to it no one can call you a liar just by your voice then.

Depends on who I'm talking to, but I usually like to call because it's easier. If it's someone I'm not that close to, trying to avoid, or I'm just busy doing something, I like to text.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Texting. It's not that I get anxious talking on the phone or anything, but calls require my whole attention. You can't be talking on the phone while doing something else, at least not efficiently. With texts, I can work on assignments or even just watch Netflix and respond at my own pace. I think its also a bit easier to joke while texting.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I used to prefer calling cuz I didn't have a smart phone till after Pokemon Go came out. Thanks to my friends I now text more cuz they prefer it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom