• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Calling All with the Ability to Fix Computers! HELP!!

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Okay, usually I'm on my Compaq laptop that runs windows vista. Well, yesterday I couldn't get internet connection, and the network sharing wouldn't open, so I tried to have someone fix it. They then said reboot it and its been stuck in the logging off screen with no response to any buttons and no show of the mouse. I am very concerned....D:5tr4

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I have the same laptop. Have you updated it recently? Or maybe you have a virus? I would advise turning it off and on again, but that's a risk if it's stuck on the logging off screen...

Any other details?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Does it freeze up every time you turn it off and on, or have you left it on because it wouldn't shut down?

If you left it on because it wouldn't shut down, your computer may have frozen. It may be necessary to physically turn the computer off by hand in this situation, even if that means unplugging it and taking the battery out. This happens more often than you'd think. I've had to do this with at least two laptops. In general, if your computer stays frozen for longer than two hours on a screen, there is NO WAY it's ever coming back. Turning it off is the only way I've found to deal with it at that point.

After you turn the computer off, by whatever means, reconnect the power and turn it back on. It should boot back into Windows, but if it doesn't, tell us what happens.

Sometimes that sort of thing will happen with our computers, and we usually just hold in the power button until it goes off. Then let it sit for a few minutes before turning it back on. When it does go back on, it will probably say "abnormal shutdown" or something like that, and ask if you want to start the computer normally, or in safe mode, or a couple other things. I would just try starting it normally from there. Usually the computer then works fine after that.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
No, no, and no. I fixed the computer now, but I do mean literally it would not respond to any butotns. I'm usually a techie myself and i was like D: it when I couldn't fix it. Turning it off turned it off, but when you turned it back on it was still logging off. I ended up just having to remove the battery. I was on a different computer when asking the question but I've now determined ZD is crashing our comps, so I'm going to leave for a bit and come on only when neccessary to keep my account from getting deleted.

gannondorf

Dark Lord Gannondorf
No, no, and no. I fixed the computer now, but I do mean literally it would not respond to any butotns. I'm usually a techie myself and i was like D: it when I couldn't fix it. Turning it off turned it off, but when you turned it back on it was still logging off. I ended up just having to remove the battery. I was on a different computer when asking the question but I've now determined ZD is crashing our comps, so I'm going to leave for a bit and come on only when neccessary to keep my account from getting deleted.

Intresting...I would love to see im person why your computer is doing such thingsw but you or I get no such luck.

ether your desrcibing as you have interpretted to happen or it really is doing this. The Thing Is,While I could try to hold you over the Worlds Largest information source,For your problem I would rather just take the hands on approach at seeing what is wrong with your computer. In that case I could most likely Put your computer back in order for you.

"I Am Super Nerd, And Im going to Hack And Take Over the World!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom