• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

California Chick-Fil-A Surprise

Agent Spaghetti

Advanced Noodle
I'm beginning to wonder if you even read that article, because I didn't see a single legitimate piece of support.
I did. Why do you question?

lolwut

So the basic human rights of respect, a decent job, and common services should be available to those who are gay, but not the basic human right of love and marriage? Interesting...
I don't agree with you definition of what "rights" are. I do not believe you have a "right" to expect something out of somebody. I do not believe you have a "right" to a job or to service. Rights are self-evident. A job and service is not self-evident. It is something you earn. That's how I see it.

Now "loving" is a human right, as is lust, jealousy, happiness, anger and all that good stuff. Emotion is a right, but it has its place. Are two homosexuals evil for "loving" each other? No. I believe that it is a sin to act upon that desire, but I'm not going to condemn them for it; they lack my perspective and they believe that what they're doing is fine, and they feel no good reason not to. I won't condemn them for that. I feel it wrong, but I will not condemn them. Next is marriage. Is marriage a right? Well it is because two people have the right to choose if they want to be together. So yes. But it is different because marriage is not just some union of two people. As it has been for the longest time, marriage is the union of a man and woman. The LGBT movement is trying to change that and I disagree with that for several reasons. I am not homophobic, intolerant, condescending, immature, oblivious, hatemongering nor a non-believer in equality. However, as I said, "I'd prefer to to go through them at this time; it takes far to long to explain and defend my points." I'm not going to get into it right now.

Chik fil A funds a bill in support of murdering gays in Uganda.

Chick-Fil-A Profits Are Supporting Uganda’s ‘Kill The Gays’ Bill? | The New Civil Rights Movement

So, unless you're a fan of genocide, Checkmate.
Well I've gotten next to none of the story. The only thing you and the article gave me is that Chik-fil-A funds an organization that happened to lobby to not condemn a bill. First off, Chik-fil-A is not doing this directly, so to attack them is stupid in the first place unless you have evidence that suggests that they were directly involved. Secondly, neither you nor the article gave me why FRC lobbied to keep Congress from condemning it (perhaps there are legitamate reasons?) Thirdly, neither you nor the article gave me if Chik-fil-A was aware of what was even happening. Fourthly, you and this article have given me so little that I would be compeltely unable to determine if any of this is accurate or if it's been construed, misrepresented or anything without further research. You have given me nothing, this article has given me nothing.

The FRC lobbied to change the wording of the bill opposing the proposed law in Uganda to make it more accurate. FRC stated publicly that it opposed the proposed law in Uganda and supported the bill here in the US opposing that proposed law. Mandi, you're buying into lies.

Huffington Post is the source this thread is based on, chief.

Also, if you dislike homosexual culture, you might as well just ignore it and move on with your life because it's not going anywhere. ;)

A Link In Time

Break the Ice!
ZD Legend
I can't vouch for the integrity of Chick-Fil-A's top representatives but I certainly hope their hearts are in the right place.

Also, I've grown weary of the people who claim those who support the traditional family are on the wrong side of history comparing them to the civil rights movement. Civil rights was an issue which produced violent outbursts and tension. Whites shouted at and beat blacks who integrated their schools, restaurants, and public facilities. The recent Supreme Court case returning to California's Proposition 8 has shown those who support marriage between a man and a woman to be respectful but firm in what they believe in.

Only a man can impregnate a woman. It's biologically impossible for it to be any other way. Men and women also serve important complementary purposes in a family. Men reinforce discipline whereas women act as the caretakers of young children teaching them important lessons into adolescence and adulthood.

I'm not a radical who would block access to abortion clinics or condemn homosexuality-I respect gays for who they are-but two women or two men in a civil union do not constitute a family and never will.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Only a man can impregnate a woman. It's biologically impossible for it to be any other way. Men and women also serve important complementary purposes in a family. Men reinforce discipline whereas women act as the caretakers of young children teaching them important lessons into adolescence and adulthood.
For the impregnation part, true dat.
For the family bit, that isn't a defined rule. In my family, yes, that is the case. In one of my friend's family though, his mom is the one who reinforces the discipline. I imagine ina homosexual family, it'd work somewhat the same way although I can't speak anything of it because I do not HAVE sexual family.

I respect gays for who they are-but two women or two men in a civil union do not constitute a family and never will.
How can you say that? Better yet, how can anyone say that?

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
A Link In Time said:
Men and women also serve important complementary purposes in a family. Men reinforce discipline whereas women act as the caretakers of young children teaching them important lessons into adolescence and adulthood.
Do you know of any evidence stating that male-male parents or female-female parents can't fulfill the roles of male-female parents? Of course it would be different; but do you know of any evidence that says same sex parents can't raise a child properly? Or that a child can't develop properly due to the absence of one of the sexes in their family? If so, I'd love to see it. Otherwise it's just your opinion, and not factual.

A Link In Time said:
but two women or two men in a civil union do not constitute a family and never will.
yfw it will.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Do you know of any evidence stating that male-male parents or female-female parents can't fulfill the roles of male-female parents? Of course it would be different; but do you know of any evidence that says same sex parents can't raise a child properly? Or that a child can't develop properly due to the absence of one of the sexes in their family? If so, I'd love to see it. Otherwise it's just your opinion, and not factual.
Do you have any evidence that says same sex parents can raise a child properly? Or that a child can develop properly even in spite of the absence of one of the sexes in their family? If so...you get the bill.
yfw it will.
Proof?

Kirino

leslie/draco
Do you have any evidence that says same sex parents can raise a child properly? Or that a child can develop properly even in spite of the absence of one of the sexes in their family? If so...you get the bill.
It's like atheism; my evidence is the complete lack of evidence against it, or for the side that opposes it. In this case, I see no evidence that says same sex couples can't properly raise a child. Of course, there could be evidence that I just haven't seen yet, but you get my point.

YouTube

Anyone with doubts as to whether or not same-sex couples can raise children effectively, please have an open mind and spare three minutes of your life to listen to what this young man had to say.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo

I'm not a radical who would block access to abortion clinics or condemn homosexuality-I respect gays for who they are-but two women or two men in a civil union do not constitute a family and never will.
How can this be so? A family by popular definition is the consistency of both parents and thier children, however a parent can be biological or someone who nurtures and takes care of that child. Now if where going off the basis that a gay family can't be "true family" then this would also mean that step mom's and step dad's can't actually counted as being a part of that specific family, nor can foster families etc. Now in my opinion I don't think a family just consists of a biological relation but an actual connection in terms of love. If a man and man/woman and woman raise a child accordingly then I consider that to be a family.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
justac00lguy said:
How can this be so? A family by popular definition is the consistency of both parents and thier children, however a parent can be biological or someone who nurtures and takes care of that child. Now if where going off the basis that a gay family can't be "true family" then this would also mean that step mom's and step dad's can't actually counted as being a part of that specific family, nor can foster families etc. Now in my opinion I don't think a family just consists of a biological relation but an actual connection in terms of love. If a man and man/woman and woman raise a child accordingly then I consider that to be a family.
And also single parent families. According to A Link In Time's definition, single parents and their children don't constitute a family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom