• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cadence of Hyrule Cadence of Hyrule Impressions

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The game's been out for a little while now and I still haven't really seen a thread about it. So what do you guys think about the game?

I enjoy it a lot. I got it before I tried the original Necrodancer so I was expecting keeping the beat to be hard, because I thought every song would have a different beat. But it's actually really easy. And surprisingly fun.

The randomly generated world is cool. It makes each replay interesting and even the cave puzzles change. My latest replay had Link's house spawn in the middle of Gerudo Desert. It was quite a shock.

Being able to switch back and forth between characters is nice. The weapon types are fun to play around with, too. I tend to favor the broadswords and spears.

What are your guys' thoughts? Having fun with it or no?

I like it. I'm glad it is a LOT easier than Necrodancer because I was worried it'd be too hard for me.

I love the visuals and th music, the controls still messed me up a lot of the time because i have no sense of rhythm or timing but I like that you can go jnto free roam when the enemies have been defeated.

I think some magic has been lost with the dungeons though, gone are the intricate puzzles and in their place are random rooms with random enemies in random places with random power ups.

The crypts are where this crossover stumbles the most but I still really enjoyed the game.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
As I said in my thread in the theory section: it’s the closest thing to an actual Zelda game we have on switch for now.

I loved the game. I’ve never played neceodancer but from what I’ve heard CoH is closer to being Zelda featuring necrodancer then the other way around, as advertised.
I loved the overworld. It’s been quite some time since we’ve had an overworld I actually really enjoyed exploring, even if it’s just a side game. The rhythm mechanic wasn’t a huge problem for me as I come from a very musical family. However part of me wishes that it didn’t lose the rhythm as soon as all of the enemies were defeated as it’s really hard to go back and forth between the two styles.

I’m going to have to disagree with spirit on the dungeons. I adored the dungeons because they were actual classic Zelda dungeons! Sure they didn’t have any puzzles, but neither did the dungeons in Zelda 1 so who cares? The thing that caught my attention was the fact that we had dungeon items! And maps! And compasses! And big keys! This was my favorite part of the entire game! We have actual dungeons for once! This is one of the main reasons I say we haven’t had a real Zelda game since SS!

My one issue with CoH is the ending. It was incredibly lackluster. I was really expecting more. But that didn’t stop me from enjoying this otherwise amazing game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom