• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cabbage vs Lettuce

Which is better?

• Total voters

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Lettuce. It gives stuff a nice crunch.
Not on my cheeseburgers, though. I prefer those soft and juicy with melted cheese.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
WELL ... comparing cabbage to lettuce is like comparing apples to oranges! Each brings something different to the table.

For example, crowd favorites kimchi and sauerkraut are both cabbage dishes that simply would not work with lettuce. On the other hand, no one wants a floppy leaf of cabbage on their sammich, and cabbage would make a terrible substitute for lettuce in, say, a Caesar salad.

In fact, lettuce and cabbage aren't even in the same family of plant, so though they look familiar, they are very different.

But to answer the question, I think I prefer lettuce. I use it more often, and to me, cabbage seems more of a specialty that you use when making certain dishes, while lettuce seems to be more for everyday sorts of dishes.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Lettuce, it helps add a nice crunch to a sandwich, it soaks up the flavor of whatever you combine it with (so if you add something sweet it will taste sweet) and doesn't have the off-flavor that cabbage tends to have...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom