• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cab or bus?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So you find yourself going out with some friends or doing whatever stuff you like/have to do. You got no car, no bike and it's dark and maybe rainy or cold or dangerous or maybe too far away to walk. Of course you could always walk but let's say it's way too far. Your friends aren't heading your direction so they can't accompany you and you can't reach anybody by phone to pick you up (yep I make it worse :P ). There is an option to take the bus or to take a cab. What would you do? I would rather take the bus because for one small ride with a cab I pay a huge amount of money. Even though a cab is faster I would prefer a bus. So, let's hear it from you!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd use a taxi. They take you exactly to where you want to go and apart from the driver in an unfortunate case you don't have to share it with any unsavoury folk. Plus the walk to the bus stop is just too much effort.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm a regular bus-goer in general and hardly ever take cabs at all. Last time was when I was in Germany, but then we were four people going back and forth to a venue, carrying a lot of stuff with us (at least on the return trip) and the cab fare split between us wasn't much more than the four train tickets we would have had to spent on.

I only really choose cabs in two main instances, like when the fare split between me and friends doesn't amount to much more than the bus (which wouldn't happen here in Norway as cabs are really, really expensive - as in you have to have like 10 people to offset the cost on even fairly short trips), or when I go furniture shopping at Ikea and it's too much for me to carry to the bus stop, but the boxes can be fit into a regular cab, as due to my proximity to the store, a cab far in that instance would be less than paying for the delivery service the store offers. There is a third instance, but that one is very, very specific. And it's when my dentist requires me to take a cab home after treatment (because I get my dental treatment under anesthetics, and they generally require people to pick us up afterwards, but are willing to let us go on our own provided we take a cab home).

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I much rather train where I can. But of those two options I’ll take bus anytime. I hate paying the price for a cab or even an Uber, so I don’t even remember the last time I took a cab and I’ve never used uber.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
None of you train lovers are British. Our service is awful. Never punctual at all and the prices go up and up. I don't use them anymore.

@Jimmu I think you have the delight of using the Japanese rail system right now which was so amazing to me as a British person having the trains actually come when they are supposed to.

Zachie

Moo
Just depends, really. I prefer to drive but depending on how far I'd have to walk when I got off the bus, how far I'd have to walk to get a train or how much cab fare/how tired I am I could see myself getting any of them. Bus is probably preferable though.

I prefer train anytime, but that's not a fair choice for me because i can travel 1st class for almost free.

Next is bus, but depending on where you need to go, this also is not always an option. In that case, I have no problems calling a taxi. It is freaking expensive - i will never forget that the last-minute cab I had to take for the airport (+-25 minute drive, mostly highway) almost cost more than the (5-hour) flight - but the amount I save by not needing a car myself greatly outweighs the incidental cost of a cab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom