• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Buy Smash Characters (300 Points)

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
smashcharacters.jpg
You have up to 300 Points. You don't have to use all of them but you can't go above 300.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'd honestly go for Waluigi, Tingle, Ray-Man and Crash out of these. Bandana Dee is a maybe

Those are the ones I feel fit in Smash. I don't like going with characters that was only in 1 game of a series (Skull Kid, Tetra, Urbosa, Midna).
If any Zelda-character, besides Tingle, deserves to be in Smash, it's Impa.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Honestly, as long as its not yet another RPG or fighting game character I dont care.

but for the sake of playing along:

Heavy
Rayman
Crash
Tetra
Skull Kid
Master Cheif

Can I spend the last 60 on Professor Layton?

Those are the ones I feel fit in Smash. I don't like going with characters that was only in 1 game of a series (Skull Kid, Tetra, Urbosa, Midna).

Uh, Skull Kid and Tetra appear in more then 1 mainline game. Hell if we want to count Warriors games than all 4 of those characters appear multiple times.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Uh, Skull Kid and Tetra appear in more then 1 mainline game. Hell if we want to count Warriors games than all 4 of those characters appear multiple times.
Tetra I can give you, I sorta forgot about PH for a sec XD, but I still don't count her as recurring enough to warrant an apperance. I'd say that at least 3 games is my personal minimum.
Skull Kid is really only in MM. They only hint at it being the same one from OoT (and he's barely in it and does almost nothing), and the one from TP we don't know at all if it's the same. And let's be honest here, what everyone wants is Skull Kid with Majora's Mask, which is a one-off.

I wouldn't really count Hyrule Warriors myself, as that is another game with a large roster of characters, similar to Smash in that regard. If anything from that game, it'd have to be one of the original characters from it.

I'd buy Waluigi, Wolf Link, Master Chief, Crash, Rayman, and Shantae. Master Chief, Crash, and Rayman are such iconic gaming characters. Wolf Link may only be in one game, but we seriously need more Zelda reps, and I feel his playstyle would be very unique. Shantae is a smaller franchise, but the games have usually released on Nintendo platforms first, so I'd like to see her in Smash. And Waluigi is in there so Wario isn't alone in Smash anymore.

i definitely want rayman in there, not because i have any history with the series (cuz i dont) but i really wanna see what the amiibo looks like
i'll go tetra and skullkid for the two zeldy reps. gotta consider that puttin wolf link in would be yet another link, and the goal would be to get some diversity in character representation in there. and urbosa is too random.
shovel knight and shantae are very deserving and i'll happily toss them in there even tho i dont have experience playing either of their games. they're indie icons and pretty much represent indie games before memes represented indie games
to continue with icons, i'll get crash and master chief in there too, for those uh playstation and xbox mascots, they can drink some coffee with mario in between matches
and it seems i used 260 points now. even though i am a big hollo wknight fan and agree the knights moveset is pretty compatible with the smash control scheme, i think i might sacrifice him for bandana dee cuz spear. bandana dee would prolly make more people happy, and it seems illogical to represent certain indie games over others with fighters beyond shovel knight and shantae.

so to recap my incoherent thought process: rayman, tetra, skullkid, shovel knight, shantae, crash master chief, bandana dee

And Waluigi is in there so Wario isn't alone in Smash anymore.
could prolly fix this with another warioware rep instead

I can't believe I forgot to post mine:

The Knight (20)
Hat Kid (20)
Bandana Dee (30)
Rayman (30)
Tetra (50)
Skull Kid (50)
Master Chief (50)
Wolf Link (50)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread