• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler But They're Little....Zelda And Link:Love in Ways You Dont Think.

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
Some people think that Link And Zelda are Brother and Sister in OOT for these reasons:
1.you never see Queen Hyrule and links mother was killed in the war.
2.Thay have the same hair and eye color,the same pointy ears, and so on.
3.Zelda Says the name "Link" sounds "familiar".
4.one of the composer brothers, when speaking to Link for the first time says "Somehow, you remind me of... Princess Zelda...".
5.There's also Zelda's lullaby. Impa clearly says she only teaches it to "members of the royal family" and then immediately proceeds to teach it to Link.

well thats what I think 2 so tell me what you think,
Shadow Mori:cool:

Thanks to TheBlueReptile for proof number 4 and 5. thanks:yes:

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't think Link and Zelda have ever been brother and sister, in any incarnation.

To be honest, the only thing I think there has ever been to suggest such a relationship is Link's uncle in the SNES version of A Link To The Past. As he dies he says "Link... Zelda is your..." Was he going to say "sister"? Or was he going to say "destiny"? I can't remember for sure but I think Link's uncle's speech was changed in the GBA version (which was a retcon as it refers to the Seven Wise Men as Sages) to not include that line, which makes me think he was going to say "destiny". The idea of Zelda being Link's sister is never even alluded to ever again and has no bearing on the story or the characters relationship, so I doubt he was going to say "sister".

As a side note (because I know why you made this thread), I also think Link and Zelda have only ever been in love in Skyward Sword. I do not think any other incarnation of those characters has fallen in love with any other, not in Ocarina of Time, not in Twilight Princess, not even in Minish Cap.

As a side note (because I know why you made this thread), I also think Link and Zelda have only ever been in love in Skyward Sword. I do not think any other incarnation of those characters has fallen in love with any other, not in Ocarina of Time, not in Twilight Princess, not even in Minish Cap.

At first, I was going to disagree with you, but looking back on it, you may be right. In all of the Zelda games, Link is shown saving everybody, conquering evil, and living to his destiny, but never once does it mention him getting the girl. Sure, he has to save her. But beyond that, there's really no indication that the two have any sort of emotional connection. Save for, of course as you said, Skyward Sword where the two are clearly romantically involved.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
This is hard to tell. There has been some affection between the two but it is hard to say in what way. The only game there is clearly no affection at all is in TP. But in WW Link is going after Tetra and does everything he can to be with her. The same in PH. Especially at the end when their hands touch and the look in their eyes. More clear is this in ST. There Zelda and Link are inseperable. So it depends on how people look at it. Some might think there is no affection at all and some think there is. I belong to the last category. But it could be just a crush

Last edited:
Ahh... No...

Link and Zelda are destined to cross paths in every life. Sometimes they fall in love (Skyward Sword) and sometimes it seems as though they don't (Twilight Princess), but either way you cut it, their destinies are intertwined. That's why Zelda says the name "Link" sounds familiar, the name is practically woven into her DNA.

Pointy ears are characteristic of Hylians - every human-looking character in the game has them. And hair and eye color are no way to determine genetic relation. I have auburn hair and brown eyes. I am not the sibling of every other person with auburn hair and brown eyes.

An interesting theory, but I have to disagree.

i think its possible in Oot but other than that no, your 5 reasons were pretty convincing though and i think you might be right

Who's to not say Link and Zelda had kids after Skyward Sword? And those children become the Links and Zeldas we know of in the rest of the games? They could have been driven apart, and not known of their relations. It's also possible that not all Links and Zeldas are related to their other counterparts. I never thought of this, but it does make sense.

i would say yes, but that would be weird considering they always seem to be lovers of sorts in most of the zelda games
you do however make a very good point

Very interesting. Though it has been said thanks to Club Nintendo comics Link's father was a Knight (Captain of the Guard) that died during the Civil War. This would also go along with SNES when Uncle explains his parents were both Knights, loyal to Hyrule. So, int hat sense, you could say Link may be part of the "Hyrulian Family" but not by blood.
My own theory: Plus SS has officially set the stage for love to be a motivating factor as to why Link may act, plus the game is named Legend of Zelda for a reasons, because it's all about her (and Hyrule, the goodness and goddess line of Hyrule (Hylia) which she carries (both in blood and character debatably). This could be a reason for a warrior to fight, ya? You need to enjoy the subtlety of it.

They do? I can only think of SS and WW where a romantic interest is even hinted at. And even WW's seems more of a crush than anything given they are both kids.

Well, the ending of Zelda II and Combined Oracles does involve Zelda giving Link a kiss and in oracles they both seemed to have enjoyed themselves, even if it is a crush and they're both kids: isn't that how things get started? In other games they have been good friends too, sure. In all the games it is pretty clear Zelda warms up to Link by the end either way (romantically obviously or not); just look at Spirit Tracks. Maybe TP she seems to most distant from him but that just might be because she was distant in general throughout the whole game, so to say.
Sure, Link has options (esp in SS when its obvious he "shouldn't" haha; and OoT with the "engagement") but there is a reason the game is titled so and they will be forever linked in some close fashion (hence links name), whether politics permits or not.

Last edited:

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Ok all of you have good points but I'm talking about JUST OOT I cant see any link to Link and Zelda being brother and sister in any other game.

Then I would say no, I just don't see a person from a royal family (a prince no less) being orphaned like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom