• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Burping

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I burped today after eating half of a whopper from Burger King today, and it was rather loud.
My dad was grossed out, but I thought it was a really nice one, considering the fact that most of my burps are silent and little huffs.

We then had a conversation about weather or not it's rude.
I personally don't see any reason it would be that gross, considering that it's just air, that (usually) isn't stinky, unlike a fart.

Plus, it's just a normal body function and by no means should be feared.

So, what are your thoughts on burping?
What kind of burps do you usually have?

Sorry if this seems weird, but I just kinda feel like having a thread about burping. :lol:
I'm also a very interesting individual, mind you xD

Ah, burping brings back so many memories as a child. Burping is alright in private, but not in public. Burping is what we all have to do every now and then in order to relieve gas, same with flatulence. I have been able to burp forcibly since i was a child and i have never burped accidently. I don't know maybe i'm just weird, but it did win me a couple of awards during my childhood.

When i was about 8 i was in the Cub scouts, during a camping trip i managed to burp so loud that the girl scouts heard it. The girl scouts thought it was a wild animal and us cub scouts laughed our butts off. By doing that my cub scout leader (can't remember what he was called) handed me a makeshift badge saying "best burper". There was another incident with my "burping power" in my elementary school talent show. I managed to burp the alphabet, but i won no prize. I can still remember the stare i got from the people in the room that day.

Night Owl

~Momentai
"Better out than in, I always say.
- Shrek on burping

I think that the conception that burping is impolite goes back to Victorian era manners possibly, I could be mistaken.

Don't hold them in, I've heard that you can break a rib if you do.
Don't be loud and obnoxious with them either, that's gross in most cases.

The best bet is remember your manners and say "excuse me" afterwards, especially if people start staring.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
If I'm in public, or even at home if I'm not alone, I stifle them. It's second nature now, doing this- so it's almost like I don't need to burp anymore.

I don't think much about burps otherwise. They happen. Whatever. I'd only be upset if a random person walked over and burped in my face on purpose.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Loud and proud in private.

In public I try to stifle then and cover my mouth and alwasy say 'Excuse me', though lately I have taken to saying 'A thousand pardons'.

I don't think there's anything wrong or gross about burping but I do think it is good manners to take care with them in public.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh burp....hahahaha that reminds me of that time I burped at work many years ago. My mom and coworker and me were having a break and I drank hot chocolate. The door was closed. Outside of our coffee room we had a small hallway and opposite to it was the door of the boss's room. It was closed. I drank my chocolate and had to burp. Not just a burp but this burp was really LOUD. The boss came out of his office and entered the coffee room and asked if someone was not feeling well. Needless to say all of us had to laugh loud.

I often do not burp in public but when I drink coke........

Scoby

France
quite honest I think it's gross and not nice to do when on a date (with me) :sick:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Burping in public isn't rude, as long as it's not in someone's face, and you say excuse me afterwards. It's just a way to release gas, and is something that shouldn't be held in. However, there are some times where you should really try to hold in in. For example, at my school's remembrance day ceremony, somebody burped during our 2 minute silence, quite loudly too I might add. It was an extremely inappropriate time, and they had to apologize to the entire school.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I sometimes burp loud when I drink soda, but I could care less with the people around me with their reaction when I'm at home. In public, I tend to cover myself and try to burp as low as I can do. So that I won't embarrass anyone in my surrounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom