• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Bug Hunting, is It a Waste?

bobenstien

"How should I kill you?"
i just get whatever bugs i happen to come across. the bigger wallet is nice but i don't worry too much after that. if i come across some bugs to sell for some easy money, great, but won't go too much out of my way to get them all

I completly agree!

I don't think it's a waste of time because the golden bugs give you rupees and rupee upgrades, and the twilight bugs will progress the game.

Well, by waste of time I wanted to say that it was boring and all too easy.

I enjoyed the tears of light quest as it showed you the area before you started, and the Golden bug catching was fun but not worth doing unless you wanted to 100% the game :)

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I am doing a 100% playthrough right now so I am collecting all the bugs and I already collected them so I agree, it's a waste and I probably won't do it again.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
You can get a butt load of rupees from I think his name is Skritch in SS. But I think its kinda pointless in TP. I also upgraded my potions with it during a certain boss fight.

it's useful to a certin point because when you give her bugs, she gives you bigger wallets. usually if you come across one, pick it up to get that bit of cash and upgrades.:)

I liked the tear collecting, I loved the Twilight sections of the game, i thought they looked absolutely wonderful. It was a bit of a shame having to keep your sense mode on thus denying the sight of the gorgeous Twilight but I still managed to find all the bugs when i was standing over them on the map thus I was able to enjoy the twilight more, the tears looked wonderful and their soft ethereal glow was a marvel to behold visually just like the Twilight. Of the three I preferred Eldin's the most. There was a bit too much trekking back and forth between location the third time around but I still kind of liked that because you saw the Twilight everywhere, its such a shame you get rid of it so quick.

As for the golden bugs, I love TP so much that I love to load it up even when there is nothing to do, and I left all of the golden bugs until I had completed the game and then went looking, it was so good exploring the entirety of the game looking for those golden bugs, it took me ages to do but i wasn't complaining because i enjoy the game so much. Now if only Wind Waker had a lengthy side quest like that...

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
It is only a waste IMO if you dont plan on using the Magic Armor. Otherwise, yes extra soace in ur wallet takes up more than then it is worth.

If, like me, you plan on taking on the Cave of Ordeals, the Magic Armor would be of great help, so the Large Wallet is a good idea.

I did the bug hunting in order to 100% the game. When I finally got my reward, I was so annoyed. -___-
It is totally pointless and I won't be doing it again.

octorok74

TETTAC
I didn't find either of them to be a waste. I liked seeing the different provinces in the twilight and it was a great way to know the area. I just didn't like finding the tears in Lanayru province. As for the golden bugs, I always collect them and not always for the wallet upgrades. I just like walking into that house with the bugs everywhere, it looks so cool.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The ToL bugs were really annoying, plus my TV went derp whenever I was in Twilight, so I already don't like the whole "Twilight" thing (I mean spending time inside the twilit areas). As for the gold bugs, I do that when I've beat the regular storyline and need something to do. But it really is a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom