• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Brutality...

E

Excel

The definition of "Brutal" in the dictionary should be changed from "Very harsh or cruel treatment" to "Zelda II : The Adventure of Link, which was released for the Nintendo Entertainment System."

In fact, the enemies and waves of them ARE a real pain, but losing all of your lives and having to go through them multiple times because you restart at the original palace was what actually made the game one of the hardest Zelda Games ever. And a thread was made saying "Save states galore . . . but I finally beat it [AoL]" Even with saving, he said the game was brutal. The only upside to the final palace is that when you lose all of your lives, you start back at the beginning, but the place is just massive and filled with dead ends.

Looks like people either never played the Adventure of Link or gave up on it. Everyboy I know who played it liked it as much as the legend of zelda and beat it like I did. I found it annoying because of all the close calls I had in dungeons, but the music motivated me and I got better by practising other games like megaman. So many ways I can relate to this unique Zelda game. :)

MW7

The only thing I find especially brutal is the instant death from falling. There are a few places in the game in which you have to deal with floating enemies moving across the screen while jumping over death pits- get touched and you're dead. That's unfair, and IMO the rest of the game is challenging but in a good way.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I'm not a huge gamer, but I love Zelda. Because of that Zelda II is probably the hardest game I have ever played, ESPECIALLY because I did it 100%.

Big Octo

=^)
I find it funny when people find this game to be the most difficult thing they've ever played....

In all honesty, when compared to other NES games, Zelda II is actually quite easy.

Right now I am on the 3rd dungeon of the game and have only died twice so far. I have gotten the item in the dungeon and now am just trying to find my way to the boss. I think this game is a little difficult for now, but I think I will get better as I go. I do love the slight challenge though. Although, it does seem like you don't necessarily get more powerful in the game as you progress instead it seems like you just get access to more of the world.

After this game I will be doing Majora's Mask and I will have beaten all of the Zelda games finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom