• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Brock Done in Anime Series!?

LinkGoro

Hero of Gorons
He wasn't in generation 4 or 5 either, but they still kept him in the show. The only two game generations Brock was in were 1 and 2. The series and the game are two entirely different entities and the only connection between them are the pokemon and the gyms. Also... it's Ketchum

Actually, since HG/SS are remakes of Gold and Silver, Brock is acessible.
Just take the boat to Kanto after beating the game and find the rock gym.

Actually, since HG/SS are remakes of Gold and Silver, Brock is acessible.
Just take the boat to Kanto after beating the game and find the rock gym.

HG and SS are remakes of Gen 2... so he was in gen 2... I did say that and I do know that.

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
He wasn't in generation 4 or 5 either, but they still kept him in the show. The only two game generations Brock was in were 1 and 2. The series and the game are two entirely different entities and the only connection between them are the pokemon and the gyms. Also... it's Ketchum

I know too well that the games and the anime are different things.

I really don't watch the series that much (unless my little brother makes me), but I used to love it. They replace the female protagonist every generation (not including 2nd). That, I can take. But replacing Brock, who's been there every season until now, and gets replaced with a chef/gym leader/"connoisseur" is really a disappointment.

Agreed that is why I like the manga (Adventures/Special) more than the anime now. Brock is just right in the manga as a gym leader facing against Red and not evil like the others.

Not to mention that Red is an amazing trainer and does so much more with his pokemon than Ash ever did. Granted they're kind of supposed to be the same person but Ash has nothing on Red...

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I don't know, but,i think your character in Red and Blue are based on Red, cause he looks like him, and your character never says anything in any of the games, so it would make sense why he only says "..." .
And the reason his pokémon are so tough is because he's been training them for 4 generations ( it's 5 now but it wasn't then ). I'm just gonna go ahed and say he's probably on the mountain summit because it's the toughest place to get to and he probably wants to fight tough opponents. His pokémon are probably based on Ash cause he's the most iconic trainer that they could think of.
I'd personally want to fight the real Ash in each region, I think it'd be fun.

he's only been there for 2 generations... it's gold and silver that he's on the mountain... so there's only been two generations at that point. Even if HG and SS are remakes their second gen remakes.

They HAVE Gen 4 in them but they are remakes of a gen 2 game. There is a difference. Adding new pokemon just makes for publicity and to make things interesting but the primary starters are Gen 2 and that's what I'm going by. Like I said, a remake is a remake and we have to remember the original. After all, the movie The Thing came out in the 80s, but they remade it in modern graphics. That doesn't change the fact that it's The Thing, it's just different actors and special effects. Same concept with this remake. It's still gen 2 but it contains new effects and ideas to keep interest. So we cannot say that Brock is in Gen 4 or 3, but he is in a game that contains gen 3 or 4 ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom