• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bring Back Zelda TV???

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I know that there has been discussion of the Zelda cartoon in the forums before, but I would like to give off my ideas on it. First off, I will admit that the cartoon was horrible. However, I actually enjoyed it for its occasionally funny line or decent plot. But what if we were to bring it back? There would be a lot of changes that I would like made.

If the cartoon did come back for some odd reason, I would like to see:

A MAJOR character remake. The cartoon's characters were crazy and annoying.

Sprite: I have seen many TV shows rise to greatness and then suddenly fall apart. The reason for this is usually the creation of a new character that is supposed to be cute and funny, but just ends up ruining the whole thing. An example of this would be Scrappy Doo, which destroyed Scooby Doo for me when I was a kid. The sprite in the Zelda cartoon was a perfect example of this, except she was there from the beginning. Sprite's squeaky voice, annoying floating positions, and crush on Link made me want to bash in my TV. The show would have been much better without sprite.

Zelda: She was a good character for the first few episodes, but then she just started acting like an idiot. She constantly yelled "daddy" and made herself sound like a baby. She also was constantly switching character traits from being brave, to screaming her head off.

Link: I know I'm going to get yelled at for this, but I thought Link's character was the best out of all the others. His "Excuse me princess" was hilarious and not at all overused. However, I hated how he was always demanding a kiss. It was funny the first time he asked, but not the millionth. I also did not like how he never hit anything with his sword, but rather zapped it.

A bearable plot

The plot for each episode was the exact same thing: Gannon using elaborate and unnecessarily complex methods for acquiring the triforce of wisdom. This got very repetitive and boring because Gannon never actually made any progress in his plans. Link would always defeat him and Gannon would try again next episode.

The show needed to give Link some kind of goal. Avatar: the last Airbender had the avatar trying to collect scrolls and what not... while being followed by the fire nation. Maybe Link would need to collect something, like sages or pieces of some artifact. I hated how each episode would leave each character just like they started.

The show was mostly original for the first episode, but then it just got ridiculous for bringing in unicorn people, living mops, and the princess and the frog rip off. I think that the show would have benefited from not throwing in crazy ideas. When some show has to copy a famous fairy tail, you know that it is running out of ideas… IN THE FOURTH EPISODE TOO!

Conclusions

There. Now that you have heard me rant, let me get to my point. I think the show was a wonderful idea gone unimaginably wrong. I liked it, but it needed a lot of help. I would really like to see it come back, as long as it fixed the above and set it in the hands of someone who knew how to make a good fantasy TV show.

So what do you think? Should I be hanged for saying this? Am I crazy? Do you agree with my argument? Please leave a comment below.

A cartoon could be cool. I weirdly enough liked the old one, but would rather see a new one. I liked Links personality too and should stay there if they make a new one, but a new one. It is too long ago to just continue the last one. Id watch, if it would come.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I don't think this is good. I don't like the idea of a trading card thing from the other thred. Not to thrilled about this idea either. It makes it sort of cheesy. Not to keen on the thought.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Noooooo! Please no more cartoons no more. The Zelda Cartoons were perhaps one of the worst TV shows ever, and that's saying a lot. Overall though Zelda is meant for a game. It's biggest strength is its puzzles and dungeons. And unless you want to see Link in a snow cave trying to figure out a block puzzle for a few hours on a TV. Just thinking of the line "Well Exuuuuuse me princess" makes me cringe.

The last one was horrible and it just dosnt fit for video games either. I would not like it.

i didnt like it thAT much like the old thunder cats it was the same thing all the time so like the bad guy comes link defeats it then happy ending and that it like no plot to it i would like to see how they make it like the games and like different each time like show him doing adventures with friends .

F

Forgotten Hero

I believe that there shouldn't be a tv show, mainly because I don't believe Link should talk (no more than choosing sentences).

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I think it could work if they brought it back, but they would really have to make it shine since it's predecessor was more or less a big flop.

I don't think I would mind another cartoon, as long as they completely re-did it. If it's good, great. If it's bad...imprison it in the back of your mind; it'll get cancled soon enough. :)

jack546

The chosen one
I would love a remake of the cartoon with NO changes because i love the "so bad it's good" aspect of the old cartoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom