• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bring Back the Old

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
There are many items we used to see in Zelda games, but we see them no more. They gave us find memories and fun game play. we love them in the old games, and miss them in the new games. Could it be the Hammer, the Lens of Truth, or the Ball and Chain? What item would like to see Link using again?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Lens of truth?

Yesss Please! I loved this item in both OoT and MM, it made for some neat puzzle solving and it actually made you check out even the most obscure area's for hidden enemies, puzzles Ect. This is why I loved the Shadow Temple because the lens of truth was probably the most useful item in terms of puzzle solving and navigating throughout that dungeon.

I would love to see this in a future Zelda game and if it does return, then it should be used a lot more within the game not just in a couple of sections or dungeons!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I want the Magnetic Gloves from Oracle of Seasons. It was so fun to see the puzzles they came up with for gloves that allow you to push and pull magnetic objects. On fixed objects, you could psuh or pull yourself away from it. It allowed for so many fun enemies. There were metal monsters, and you could pull their armor off. Sometimes you would attract yourself to a spinning object over a deep chasm, and then you wait until it spun around; where you would quickly change gloves to repel yourself to the other side. One time, in a boss fight, you had to pull a metal ball toward you and try to get it to hit the boss, while the boss chased you. All of that in a 2d Gameboy Color game. There would be endless possibilities in 3d! How have these not seen a resurrection?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I prefer senses over lense of truth. It was annoying to have that magic bar, but slightly weakened vision seems fitting to me. I'd like to see Ball and Chain again. It was its own unique weapon that had its advantages and disadvantages. The hammer was treated as just another sword.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
One of my all time favorite Zelda items is the Mirror Shield... which has been absent from the series since WW. I am hoping the next game has it. I loved WW's use of the shield (with the light puzzles and stuff). Yes, OoT created the concept in Spirit Temple, but WW mastered it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Lens of Truth should return because I love seeing through things. X-Ray vision was once my most-desired superpower, and although I've moved on from that notion, the ability itself is very intriguing when used correctly. Alongside that, I'd like the three elemental arrows, Dark Arrows/Poison Arrows, and a variety of new affects applied to the [type] arrows. In general, I would desire the Magic Meter to come back, with 5x the utility of AoL/MM and at least 3x the flair of OoT/MM. Just...don't treat it as another thing to clutter the screen (looking at OoT's magic meter and SS' shield meter).

One other old set of things is a variety of tunics, whether it's the same Hero's Clothes with new coloring (OoT) or completely new designs (TP), just give me different tunics to equip, preferably with varying effects.

Ball and Chain had its advantages

??? This was the Ball & Chain in a nutshell.

+Breaks ice walls
+OHKO ice enemies
- Horrible AoE
- Abysmal speed
- Terrible startup and cooldown time
- Useless against anything that isn't Ice-based for the most part

Surely the B&C could be GIVEN some advantages, but TP's rendition had very few.

I'd like to see the Spinner and Dominion Rod from Twilight Princess return but used in less predictable ways. Grinding along visible rails and moving statues in their respective dungeons only to almost never be used after wasn't fulfilling.

Also, the Crossbow is long overdue. It worked well in Link's Crossbow Training. It's about time Nintendo included it in a canon installment.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Roc's Feather & Cape, the Pegasus Boots, I think it was the Magnet from Four Swords, and masks. I really liked those items in particular. I especially liked how with Roc's Cape/Feather, you could jump without a ledge. I believe there was another item also...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
??? This was the Ball & Chain in a nutshell.

+Breaks ice walls
+OHKO ice enemies
- Horrible AoE
- Abysmal speed
- Terrible startup and cooldown time
- Useless against anything that isn't Ice-based for the most part

Surely the B&C could be GIVEN some advantages, but TP's rendition had very few.

I used it all the time against small enemies, enemies like spiders and redeads, and some armored lizalfos. It was also great on those statues (not sure what they were called) with the crystals on their back. It was great in in certain situations without intruding too much and taking over sword gameplay.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Pegasus Boots. Plain and simple, i dont think ive seen them since ALttP, but then again i havent played many Handhealds, other than minish cap and did it have the boots.........hold......yes it did, but other than that i havent seen it. i dont know why they would not add it in any of the 3D games. it would save me an aweful lot of rolling, and the sprint meter in SS is cool and all, but hate how limited it is, i say take the sprint function, add the boots and take away the stamina meter, and there you have it.

being able to step up walls to grab higher ledges in SS was so cool, anyways thats off topic. GIVE ME MY DASH BOOTS BACK!!

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
A Link to the Past had some really good items I'd like to see return like the magic cape and the medallions (especially the Bombos one).

I also agree with bringing back the Lens of Truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom