• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Brilliant Diamond Shining Pearl QL Features

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Today they announced HMs will be a new Poketch app.
Looks like the poffins you make in Amity Square will be better so I wonder if that will speed up maxing out contest stats.

Do you think we will see more useful apps added to the Poketch that make playing it even better?

And what other QL features would you like to see them add?

I am also glad they found a use for the poor Game Corner getting forced out because of it upping the age rating of the game.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm happy that they're converting HM moves into not being moves that you're forced to have, it was one of the best things of gen 7. It was always to restrictive having to make room for HM moves in your team to play through the game. But I'm also happy that they're not getting rid of it completely, just converting it so that it's not mandatory moves

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Haha I had a similar reaction. It is so big on the screen. I read today that you hide it by holding R until it disappears. I tried tapping R many times, but never thought to hold it.
This has been bugging me all day thank you!!

Still early days for me and it has been quite a while since I played Pokemon Diamond, but the HM changes are clearly a big improvement that is very welcome.

Reactions: MW7

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'm super disappointed by the overworld. Literally 1:1 in a way that makes no sense for a 3d game. Movement is awkward and even using the dpad is not perfect because it doesn't keep you on the "grid". The underground on the other hand is impressive. I think that's where most of the post game content will lie. Can we set up a group for ZD?

It's interesting to me that I'm still struggling with gardenia, even with my Gyarados taking neutral damage. Roserade is just such a powerful Pokemon this early in the game. I wasn't able to take it out first try so we'll see what I need to change to succeed. At least she isn't pretty much impossible without items like she was in the DS version, so that's an improvement. I really can't wait to find my boy wingull

For all of game freak's faults, the flaws in this remake are more comical/entertaining than anything game freak ever did. Models freeze and reset before playing a new animation, visual and audio bugs abound- speaking of audio, the "remastered" soundtrack is disappointingly synthetic- and every single new feature is just stapled on to the classic gameplay from the DS; aka nothing changed but if you want to access updated features you CAN. They exist.

MW7

It's interesting to me that I'm still struggling with gardenia, even with my Gyarados taking neutral damage. Roserade is just such a powerful Pokemon this early in the game. I wasn't able to take it out first try so we'll see what I need to change to succeed. At least she isn't pretty much impossible without items like she was in the DS version, so that's an improvement. I really can't wait to find my boy wingull
I'm actually having the opposite problem. I never played gen 4 before so I am interested in catching every pokemon and testing them all out. As a result of the experience gains some of my pokemon are extremely over-leveled. I've knocked out every pokemon in the first two gyms in one hit. For Gardenia it was about a level 25 Staravia with wing attack that destroyed everything.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I'm actually having the opposite problem. I never played gen 4 before so I am interested in catching every pokemon and testing them all out. As a result of the experience gains some of my pokemon are extremely over-leveled. I've knocked out every pokemon in the first two gyms in one hit. For Gardenia it was about a level 25 Staravia with wing attack that destroyed everything.
Yeah I'm playing mono water type, early grass type gyms are always a struggle. If you aren't type gating yourself she should be pretty easy thanks to the easy access to flying types this early. Roark was in fact as easy as ever

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I think creating a group could be fun, the only mon I struggled with was Melene's Lucario cuz that one hits hard and I didn't have a fire type yet to deal with it. I finally have one thanks to a friend who I gave Elekid in return for a Magby.

MW7

Actually I'm an idiot I forgot I have two more work up tms
That should be enough to beat gardenia depending on what moveset cherubim has
I was so confused why some characters were saying "TMs" instead of "TM". I read your post, and it finally clicked that some TMs were given in multiples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom