• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bridge to Termina

geek4887

The Unknown
Been a while since my last thread...ok.:cool:

This will be a pretty simple thread. So, at the end of Majora's Mask, Link leaves Termina forever right? Then he can't go back there anymore. So, what then? Termina was an amazing place, and a nice fresh breath of air from Hyrule. There's no way that Termina is peaceful just like that. Look at Hyrule. Hyrule's never peaceful, because some Ganon/villain always comes to invade it. So why should Termina be peaceful, if it's a parallel to Hyrule.

This brings me to my next point. Almost every single character in OoT Hyrule had a parallel in Termina. Except for Ganon and Zelda, but who knows. So, maybe there's a possible Link parallel (don't tell me Link's parallel is Tingle, just please don't:dry:). That would mean that there's a possibility that gamers might be able to explore the lands of Termina again as a brand new game.

It's probably impossible, but what would you guys think if we were able to go back to Termina again?:thinking:

geek4887

The Unknown
I would love to see a new Zelda game with Termina in it! Perhaps a game where Link has to travel back and forth between Hyrule and Termina using some kind of interdimensional artifact. :)
Haha, so like "The Ocarina of Space"? :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Termina was an amazing place, and a nice fresh breath of air from Hyrule. There's no way that Termina is peaceful just like that. Look at Hyrule. Hyrule's never peaceful, because some Ganon/villain always comes to invade it. So why should Termina be peaceful, if it's a parallel to Hyrule.

The thing about parallels and Termina/Hyrule is that where the villain of Hyrule has clear motives in mind, Termina's does not. Seriously, just look at what Majora was attempting to do and what Ganondorf was trying to do. You'll find very different motives, upbringings [if Majora has one, that is], and more. Also, it seems as if more evil breeds in Termina than in Hyrule. It could be in relation to what Skull Kid was doing, but I do recall domestic problems with the various different races to be somewhat normal or at the very least a common happening.

As to the parallel to Link, I would assume it is Fierce Deity. Really, the guy looks exactly like Link minus his being grown up and more mystic. It could be just a reference to Adult Link (OoT), but I'm pretty sure FD is canon material or at some point was planned to. I'd love to see a game where FD is playable as the main playable character :3

I think that Termernia is like Koholint

Sure we all would love to re-visit those areas but i don't think its likely.

And the reason link doesn't have a parallel self is because there's no gods in Termernia (or at least there not seen). I liek to Think of Termernia as hyrule without any form of gods. No divine intervention at all. this is both good and bad because then there's no power to corrupt the people and the scars of the past(Ikana) can be covered up. However when a demon does arise the people of Termernia were at complete mercy.

also not completely related and probably more suited to the theory thread but did anyone else feel like all of Termernias' history only happen since the skull-kid found the mask, well a little before then only a few days though, doesn't make much sense that the skull kid starts playing pranks centuries after he was abandoned by his friends(the giants). Just like on Koholint island where the residents of no concept of time or space beyond the shore.

Last edited:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
How do you know the gate was sealed off forever. Maybe you could jump into the portal again. As for Termina coming back, I don't think Nintendo should back to old ideas. Think about there are only four areas in Termina (not including milk road) meaning not much room for Nintendo to add new things into the game. Maybe as an Easter egg would be kind of cool though.

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I would like to see Termina in a new zelda game, but it's less likely to happen. And just like in link's awakening, link was in a parallel universe, so it's less likely for Termina to come back. but I would like to see Termina in another zelda game though.

I realy want to see termina. I would prefer to see other dimentions though, preferably one with no moon face. 72 hours breaks MM for me.

geek4887

The Unknown
How do you know the gate was sealed off forever. Maybe you could jump into the portal again. As for Termina coming back, I don't think Nintendo should back to old ideas. Think about there are only four areas in Termina (not including milk road) meaning not much room for Nintendo to add new things into the game. Maybe as an Easter egg would be kind of cool though.

Well, isn't that the same for Ocarina of Time? But they still made Twilight Princess possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom