• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild turns two years old today

BotW releases March 3rd 2017, now it's March 3rd 2019 (wow).

Are you still playing BotW or have you moved on?

Has your opinion changed over time?

What are your general feelings about the game now and the future of the 'open air' Zelda games?

Quin

Disaster Master
Damn, time sure goes fast

It used to be my favorite zelda when I was still in the hype but I think I still have stronger feelings towards TWW.
Other than that, no, its still a damn amazing game and I have high hopes in the future of the series.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh two years isn't much. It's still fresh. Maybe 10 years might give me another opinion. I still like the game. But I don't feel like replaying it although I got the switch version so I'm going to replay it. About future open world Zelda games I hope they include a bit more after the main story is done and don't make you hunt koroks to get such a lazy reward.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
When I first started playing, BOTW temporarily became my favorite game in the series. The game really left me in complete awe. After a short period of time, TP stole its number one spot back. I still love the game and play it at least once a month, usually more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
When I played it for the first time I was underwhelmed by the experience. It had a couple of good things, Zora's Domain being very beautiful for instance but I found the gameplay a much more annoying version of Assassin's Creed. I did not find it very fun to play and the story (The main reason I play Zelda) was crap.

To this day it is the only 3D Zelda I have not done any more than one playthrough of.

My general feelings of the game are the same now as back then. It's mediocre and dissapointing.

I am tired of getting my hopes up and being let down so I am not hopeful for the future. The open world formula works well in many games because it makes them seem more like real and believable world's but as far as I am concerned this formula was not used as effectively as it should have been. On the good side I don't think they would get away with recycling what they did in BoTW without boring even the people who enjoyed that game so maybe they'll put more effort into the story elements next time now that the team has thoroughly learned how to ''hide' seeds in a world.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can't believe that time has gone by so fast!

I haven't played it in a while since my Wii U isn't with me here, perhaps I should buy a switch version too but I have other games I want to complete on it first.

Overall I had a great experience playing through the game at a pretty slow pace during the first year after release. I played through it with a friend, I would switch controller with her whenever one of us died and the other would watch and just hang out. I would like to get back and give it a play through on my own too though, perhaps then I'll have a slightly different opinion.

I probably haven't played it since the 2nd DLC pack came out, but then I got bored with it pretty quick after that.

I still cannot find any love for this game, As much as I like some aspects of it, BotW overall was just an unplesent experience.

I have no desire to play this game again unless I play it with a friend. until the, I'll stick to the classics like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess etc. which in my opinion are the good Zelda games.

For the record, I'm not particularly a fan of Link's Awakening in general, I think it's OK at best, but with the remake coming to Switch, I know I'll enjoy that more than BotW any day.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I know I'm a couple days late, but that's the point. It feels more like 2 months ago. I didn't even stop to think about it.

1. Nah, I've moved on. It didn't take too long to finish.

2. Well, at first, I enjoyed playing this completely new style of Zelda, but I honestly thought I would forget about it sooner or later because that's all it felt like; a new, smoking hot game on a new system, but not one that somehow completes my life. Yet upon finishing the game, it does stick with me. I think it's time to move on from Ocarina of Time and with better level design, more important side quests, and a better weapons system, I think that this would be a great new direction for the franchise.

3. Kind of answered it above, but I will state it in a nutshell: BotW may serve as a good new foundation for the series, but it needs some improvements with it's side quests, weapons, and dungeons.

Last edited:
I've put over 600 hours into it and I still love it. I do think the world is a little to big after putting that much time into it. It could have been scaled down a bit. I am still playing it quite often.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I still enjoy this 2 years on, yeah it has it's downsides and sometimes i dislike it intensely but i turn to BOTW whenever i want to explore a zelda world or to freeslide down a mountain ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom