• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild: Pics Until Release Thread

This is by no means a new pic but this pic is literally everything wrong with the new Zelda IMO

171f6400e5bb4210b6363ab3062571c7

Like ****, who thought this was good design. she really just needs her mouth agape and another set of eyebrows to complete the look. she ain't human, or even hylian.

Can't tell if you're joking about the second set of eyebrows, but the lower ones are shadows at the top of her eyelids. The low contrast of the art style makes it harder to see that. And as far as the mouth being open, this is a screengrab of an action scene. It wasn't designed to be a stillshot.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Can't tell if you're joking about the second set of eyebrows, but the lower ones are shadows at the top of her eyelids. The low contrast of the art style makes it harder to see that. And as far as the mouth being open, this is a screengrab of an action scene. It wasn't designed to be a stillshot.
I know it's the artstyle that does it, but it doesn't change the fact that she appears to have two sets of eyebrows and could use a third one. She looks like a very ugly female troll pretending to be human. Defo not a fan of the look.

As for the mouth, I know it's an "action scene" but you will be hard pressed, I guarantee you as you can SCREENCAP THIS POST, you will be hard pressed to see Link with his mouth wide open IN THE FULL RELEASE. The open mouth thing is what they do to show a useless and powerless character. And I hate seeing Zelda being useless and powerless. She just screams "ohhh Linnkk pls savers me tasukete kudasai yamerooooo wwwwwwww". And they want to play her up as being the most involved she's ever been. While that could be true, 1 is not a significant improvement from 0.

TL;DR: I do not like this iteration of Zelda appearance wise and, from what I've seen of the trailers, I do not like her scene-wise. Yes, I'm biased.

I know it's the artstyle that does it, but it doesn't change the fact that she appears to have two sets of eyebrows and could use a third one. She looks like a very ugly female troll pretending to be human. Defo not a fan of the look.

As for the mouth, I know it's an "action scene" but you will be hard pressed, I guarantee you as you can SCREENCAP THIS POST, you will be hard pressed to see Link with his mouth wide open IN THE FULL RELEASE. The open mouth thing is what they do to show a useless and powerless character. And I hate seeing Zelda being useless and powerless. She just screams "ohhh Linnkk pls savers me tasukete kudasai yamerooooo wwwwwwww". And they want to play her up as being the most involved she's ever been. While that could be true, 1 is not a significant improvement from 0.

TL;DR: I do not like this iteration of Zelda appearance wise and, from what I've seen of the trailers, I do not like her scene-wise. Yes, I'm biased.

Yes, you are biased, apparently.
Capture.PNG
Having her mouth open when seeming surprised is not indicative of her being a useless or powerless character. If you've been paying attention you'd have seen the scenes in the trailer of her saving Link, or taking care of business without Link around, and generally giving off the vibe of a strong ruler of her kingdom, seemingly dedicated to working to fix it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Now compare the two. Link is looking at ****ing Ganon swirling around a huge ass castle after just waking up. He's worse than dwarfed by that beast and has every right to have his mouth open in a "what the **** IS that" sort.

Zelda? her useless ass is on the ground, seemingly dejected ready to accept her fate when ZING....the hero Link comes in battle-hardened and ready to kick the ass of whoever would dare hurt his princess. She should be up and at 'em even when she gets pushed around, not ass-flattened ready to get killed.

If you've been paying attention you'd have seen the scenes in the trailer of her saving Link
This is one of the worst memes I've ever seen. She shot light magic, wowzers! XD muh princess so involved :DD
Moments later we see Link bruised and ****ed up, only to STILL get up and seemingly pull the Master Sword up with the last of his strength, then trailer cuts to black.

Zelda is a weak-ass ruler and I would never fight to defend her. Everyone's argument of "well being a heroine isn't her role XD" is objectively true, but this is one case where I won't play by the objective truth. I'm tired of following punk, pussy, ***** ass princesses around. Even if they can low key clutch a save.

Wow, okay. So when Zelda saves Link's life it's not that big of a deal, but when Link stands in front of Zelda to defend her it's because she's weak and useless. When Link's mouth is open it's a reasonable reaction to a perceived threat, but when Zelda's mouth is open with something threatening in front of her it's because she's weak and useless. It's clear to me now that you have no interest in Zelda being a strong leader.

Zelda is a weak-ass ruler and I would never fight to defend her.

Then don't. If you feel that strongly about it, don't play the game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's clear to me now that you have no interest in Zelda being a strong leader.
SHE IS NOT A STRONG LEADER. Not by what we've seen. She's a *****-made """ruler""" who gets the title through ****ing BLOOD, not through earning it. Again, from what we've seen. Link is the strong leader. Link is ALWAYS the strong leader. He's always doing the ****; maybe he isn't communing with the godz but he's the one doing the leg work 99% of the time.

Zelda on the other hand is the "ideals" type who can't walk the talk worth a damn. Don't come at me with this "you aren't interested in Zelda being a strong leader" ***** ass remarks, I want nothing more than her to actually be strong instead of "headstrong". I don't give a **** about your ideals if you can't fight for them. And guess what? According to trailers INCLUDING Switch Presentation old man "you must save her my daughter", She is a ***** nigga and can't fight for ****. Clutch light magic be damned.

**** Zelda 2017, Link is the best girl.

EDIT:
LINK, YOU ARE THE LIGHT, OUR LIGHT, THAT MUST SHINE OVER HYRULE ONCE AGAIN

can't fight for ****. Clutch light magic be damned.

Why should the light magic be damned? Why isn't it valid for Zelda to use her prowess to save Link from being killed by a guardian?

As for the rest of your ranting, here's what I have to say. From the relatively few scenes and lines we have from the game, it is my opinion that we have as much evidence to support her being a strong character worthy of admiration as we do anything else. Needing to be saved or protected in some instances doesn't make Zelda weak any more than it makes Link chauvinistic to defend her. I invite you to give her a chance by looking at her character in the full game with your mind open to the possibility that she might be a valiant leader. If it turns out she's a total pushover, I'll eat my words, but I seriously doubt that will be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom