• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild: Pics Until Release Thread

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
It does kind of look like he's got that brown bowl cut if you look really close enough. It'd be cool if he were a traveling merchant who visits towns or settlements at random.
His traveling pack is also in the shape of a beetle.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
In the Life in the Ruins trailer, a man was seen walking in the background of the horse hut, with him later being seen riding a horse in the same area. This most likely confirms horse renting/buying here.

Huh? All I saw in that scene was a man riding a horse, a old guy standing there, a dog, and the horse hut. That's it. There was no other scene with the horse hut in the trailer, where the guy riding the horse walking in the background. You must've been imagining things.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Huh? All I saw in that scene was a man riding a horse, a old guy standing there, a dog, and the horse hut. That's it. There was no other scene with the horse hut in the trailer, where the guy riding the horse walking in the background. You must've been imagining things.
Okay, but dude. They are trying to break conventions, never before have we been able to just jump on the back of any wild horse. Why not give you the option to buy/sell horses as well? :/ I just wonder if we can steal other people's horses.

IMG_0699.JPG
It shows a clip of the horse hut with the long haired guy walking in the background before transitioning to a different clip with him riding a horse with the hut in the background. I don't have access to my computer so I had to find a ****ty picture on my phone. It's for the best if you look up the clip on your computer to actually see it yourself.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
View attachment 38256
It shows a clip of the horse hut with the long haired guy walking in the background before transitioning to a different clip with him riding a horse with the hut in the background. I don't have access to my computer so I had to find a ****ty picture on my phone. It's for the best if you look up the clip on your computer to actually see it yourself.

Well, I watched that part of the trailer again. And yes, there is a person walking in the background. However, it's not clear enough to tell that it's the same guy who's riding on the horse in the second part of the scene. So I don't know what makes you think it's the same guy. All I see is just another random person. There's no evidence proving that it's the same guy. But the person walking does look similar. But there's no way of telling that for sure, if they are the same person. For all we know, it could just be a person who just happens to look just like him.

Anyways, my point is, we can't really tell for sure who that was in the background. It could even be a woman for all we know. Plus we don't even know if the person on the horse is a man or woman. The person does seem to appear what looks to be breasts on his/her chest.

Well, I watched that part of the trailer again. And yes, there is a person walking in the background. However, it's not clear enough to tell that it's the same guy who's riding on the horse in the second part of the scene. So I don't know what makes you think it's the same guy. All I see is just another random person. There's no evidence proving that it's the same guy. But the person walking does look similar. But there's no way of telling that for sure, if they are the same person. For all we know, it could just be a person who just happens to look just like him.

Anyways, my point is, we can't really tell for sure who that was in the background. It could even be a woman for all we know. Plus we don't even know if the person on the horse is a man or woman. The person does seem to appear what looks to be breasts on his/her chest.
Untitled.png
From my point of view I'm seeing an nose ending an abrupt point and a large and prominent chin. Now, I don't really like stereotyping in any way, but those would most likely be more common on a man than they would be a woman. While I see your point that those could be breasts, I personally think it looks more like either muscles or a thick shirt. This can be supported by the arms, which have the strange abnormal thickness as well.
untitled 2.png
The man in this clip walking away appears to be wearing a pack on his back, similar to the man in riding the horse, and as the man in the clip begins to walk away, the dog gets up, as if to follow him, similar to how the exact same dog is following the man on the horse a few seconds later.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
image.jpeg
This one details... An NPC of some sort. Pretty cool. I am glad that character design is still extremely important, unlike other Open World games.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
View attachment 38268
This one details... An NPC of some sort. Pretty cool. I am glad that character design is still extremely important, unlike other Open World games.
Problem with a lot of them especially the big ones is model recycling. Same character models in different clothes and with different hair. Hopefully we won't see any of that in BoTW and any character has been designed as unique.

Tibari

Rinkuji
I don't know if we have any infos about this, but it's clearly people from the "horse building"

Some people are theorising that the new concept art is Linebeck or at least a version of him due to the face detail on the new NPC.

What i want to know is how Nintendo are choosing these images. I imagine the concept art will most likely be in either Art and Artifacts or the new Hyrule Encyclopedia. But who says what gets uploaded?

Right now i just imagine Aonuma munching a burger and just uploading random images from his BoTW gallery and not paying it much mind.

Last edited:
A lot of different cultural influences here-- somewhat Asian, European, maybe Aztec-- but mostly I get a "cowboys and Indians" vibe from him. Fits the "wild" theme.

I think his hat and garment imply he's some sort of chieftain. Or at least that his society (whether a village or an an entire culture spread throughout the world) is somewhat tribal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom