• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild has Multiple Endings

Mido

Version 1
One alternate ending heavily implies that it'll be for purposes of completion, perhaps finishing all the Shrines and dungeons restores the Master Sword to it's full power, thus allowing Link to finish him for good?

While if you don't do that, perhaps they'll have to settle for sealing it.

This notion sort of reminds me of how Star Fox 64's endings were executed. One ending tied up all the loose ends while the other left unfinished business lingering in the air. Could be the same here if then endings are presented in the manner that you postulate. I assume for the sake of streamlining, one of the endings will be the "true ending" of sorts.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
When I first heard this news, I was very unhappy. I hate games with multiple endings, especially when I do not know or cannot achieve the criteria for the ending I want. But reading through this thread actually made me feel a bit better. There's only one alternate ending, which means I won't have to slave over the game finding every single ending possible in order to satisfy my OCD tendencies.

I hope it will be like Majora's Mask. Not in the 'Non-Standard Game Overs count as bad endings' sense, but in the sense of what happened in the credits. Depending on how many masks you collected, the credits would show more cutscenes of the NPCs you helped. If you didn't collect a mask, that character's scene would just be a black screen. I have a feeling BotW's alternate ending will be more than that, but I just don't want the different endings to be too invasive into the lore or the gameplay experience. Make it a nice reward for getting all of a collectible, not a punishment for not doing so.

Actually Zelda 2 AOL had a bad ending too. When you died it told you Ganon was revived and the world was doomed. It was a lot more than the usual game over screen that Zelda 1 had.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I hope it will be like Majora's Mask. Not in the 'Non-Standard Game Overs count as bad endings' sense, but in the sense of what happened in the credits. Depending on how many masks you collected, the credits would show more cutscenes of the NPCs you helped. If you didn't collect a mask, that character's scene would just be a black screen. I have a feeling BotW's alternate ending will be more than that, but I just don't want the different endings to be too invasive into the lore or the gameplay experience. Make it a nice reward for getting all of a collectible, not a punishment for not doing so.
I actually didn't know this because I got all of the masks my first play of the game.

Aku

Actually Zelda 2 AOL had a bad ending too. When you died it told you Ganon was revived and the world was doomed. It was a lot more than the usual game over screen that Zelda 1 had.
Yeah, I really liked that ending. It made Ganon's followers out to be such ghouls to be pouring blood on a pile of pig monster remains. :)

I know after this, there is going to be hard debate as to which is the 'Canon Ending' if both endings wildly diverge from each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom