• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild: Game Awards Trailer

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

A new trailer for BotW debuted today.

We get to see the Rito right here(Giving credence to yeah... This is WW timeline).
We get to see Zelda.

We get to see human companions, a bit of the story and cutscenes, an adorable dog, and so much more... What are your thoughts on this trailer?

There is also extra footage with Bill and Nate, which show off some great gameplay, new NPC's, and even Lightning Rods and Lightning Arrows.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We now have a decent amount of evidence for a post WW game. Koroks, Salt rock from an ancient sea and now the Rito.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Link's not the only one who gets to wear the Champion's tunic, huh? Looks like it's probably attire for warriors in general. Neat! It seems like when Link wakes up he'll eventually join some kind of organized effort against the bokoblins and Calamity Ganon's forces in general? That's pretty goddamn cool. This game just looks better and better.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
At 0:55... is that a female Link? At the very least whoever it is is wearing similar clothing and has the same hair color, and is also female.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
At 0:55... is that a female Link? At the very least whoever it is is wearing similar clothing and has the same hair color, and is also female.
No that is Zelda. We know this because we see her and him in the same shot at 1:08. She is wearing similar clothing to Link, but it is undeniably Zelda as we see Link bowing to her. And she is wearing the same clothing in both shots of her.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Still peeved that there's no official release date, but otherwise, this got me hyped all over again. Glad to see a good amount of npcs and towns/villages. Dogs also looking cute, and those hints at possible co-op with either real people or npcs have me interested.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
This has reignited my excitement once again. My friend and I are thinking that this could very well be post-OoT after Link fails to defeat Ganon and Hyrule falls into ruin.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
This has reignited my excitement once again. My friend and I are thinking that this could very well be post-OoT after Link fails to defeat Ganon and Hyrule falls into ruin.
This game is unmistakably post Wind Waker due to the Koroks, the Ritos, Rocksalt from oceans, and even the architecture of the buildings.

I would also like to point out to everybody to 1:08.

Link has the Master Sword... So he either restored the sword back to its original condition, or this particular scene takes place before Link falls asleep for 100 years.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I snagged a screen of the Rito
He kinda looks like Falco.
sBfLd.png

Awesome trailer though.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
This game is unmistakably post Wind Waker due to the Koroks, the Ritos, Rocksalt from oceans, and even the architecture of the buildings.
While I don't know anything about architecture, the Wind Waker races could just be callbacks. That's not to say I don't consider a Wind Waker sequel a very high possibility, but I think that a story following the "The Hero Fails" timeline is equally likely. Link fails to beat Ganon, the kingdom falls into ruin, Ganon becomes known as a calamity, Link is put into slumber (for whatever reason) and emerges 100 years later to find the world in the state that it is currently in, etc.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
This is the supposed "Zelda". Looks like she's wearing the same style of Link's Champion's Tunic. (same with that Rito.) Interesting.

I'm not convinced its the same person in both of those pictures, though. The outfit is different.

Might be, like, different outfits for different occasions, a la Zelda's casual garb versus her more formal one in Skyward Sword. Or perhaps there's time travel shenanigans and they are Zeldas from different times. Who is to say at this point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom