• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild Amiibo functionality

Apparently they only give you a chance at getting those items each time you use the amiibo (likely once a day)... it's not guaranteed.
You're probably guaranteed to get one item of the type specific to each amiibo, but most of the time it will only be a more common variety.

It's also worth noting that there are still a few types of item that are not given by any of the amiibo whose functionality have been detailed so far (spears, ore, insects, etc.)... which may be covered by the remaining five Zelda amiibo from the Smash Bros collection.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
I'm trying to think of which one I want to buy....because...I can't buy them all. They all seem pretty awesome it is a hard decision....

After Wolf Link i thought they might do a bit more. But i guess summoning or controlling a Guardian (like i thought it may do) may be too game breaking.

I like having Zelda merch so I'm getting them all but i doubt i'll use them much outside of Wold Link.

Scribear

Just pre-ordered Rider Link and Zelda.

I was trying to decided between Rider/Zelda and Guardian/Archer (only had enough for 2). Because that is either Sword/Shield or Arrow/Bow. I decided I'd go for sword and shield. Also, they're amiibo so they're cool by themselves too.

Click the spoiler to see all the official Nintendo ingame images of what these amiibo do. With descriptions

When scanned, Archer Link will grant you randomly selected fish and meat, and you may also receive a useful bow or arrow!

vBK8kz5.jpg

eo3jUQW.jpg

Rider Link will give you randomly selected mushrooms, a weapon or perhaps an item for your horses!

nFqK82z.jpg

Vvw7ArF.jpg

Zelda will call on randomly selected plants or even a shield!

KDi7Q0X.jpg

pvDugLB.jpg

The Bokoblin amiibo will give you a variety of meat and maybe his favorite weapon.

uPcP9og.jpg

uyZ47Ni.jpg

The Guardian amiibo, the first poseable amiibo, will reward you with a metal box including a useful item or maybe even “ancient parts.” (You’ll have to wait for the game to find out how to use them!)

o3fu8KO.jpg

ppkZDak.jpg

These are pretty neat, but what I think I'm gonna do is wait until I'm into the game a bit before I start using them. I don't want all the fun of discovery to be eliminated, I want to try to find the materials first. Don't wanna mess with the the supply curve either, ya know?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
All weapons are breakable including the Master Sword* so don't scan amiibo thinking you'll be some invincible god.

* goes into ten minute cooldown to regain its lustre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scribear

The spoiler concerns an amiibo in botw but I had a question for any who have played more than me so far.

Is the amiibo (SSB Link i think...) the only way to get Epona? Is there another way?

The spoiler concerns an amiibo in botw but I had a question for any who have played more than me so far.

Is the amiibo (SSB Link i think...) the only way to get Epona? Is there another way?
To answer your question, as far as I know all the amiibo functionality apart from the announced wolf can be found in game, you just get it earlier with the amiibo. That's what I heard.

Scribear

To answer your question, as far as I know all the amiibo functionality apart from the announced wolf can be found in game, you just get it earlier with the amiibo. That's what I heard.
Awesome! Glad. I do have some...but I was gonna be sad if my question was true....anyway. Thanks! Good to know. I'm looking forward to finding <spoiler thing>.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom