• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild 2D

So, I should make it clear off the bat, I don't plan to release a publicly playable version of this, because Nintendo is a bit iffy about.. fan games. BUT, I may do a limited private release in the future for bug-testing purposes, so.. stay tuned?

[[AUDIO WARNING. TURN IT DOWN]]

This is an early version of a project I've started, recreating The Great Plateau, from Breath of the Wild in 2D, using the art style of The Minish Cap.

Everything so far has been done myself. All art assets are taken from The Minish Cap, with the exception of those original assets made in the MC style for things like the Old Man, the Shrine of Resurrection, etc.

Here are some of the features present in the current build, even if not shown in the video:
- 24 hour clock! Each IRL minute is an ingame hour, it gets dark at night, and Keese spawn offscreen to attack the player.

- Wind, Weather, Temperature! The wind is blowing the trees, cut grass, fire and smoke to the east in this video, but the wind often changes speed and direction, affecting the direction these things flow. There is a very WIP snowy area, where things freeze over and Link take's damage, etc, but it'll be shown much later. It also rains, and often!

- Fire! Fire spreads through dead grass (affected by the wind as well), lights up the night, and burns enemies and Link, if he's not careful. It can be put out in the rain, so long as it's not under cover, such as in one of those big skulls.

- Stamina! Link gets tired of climbing, swimming, and sprinting. This leads to him falling, drowning, and struggling to catch his breath.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, but I'm very open to questions and suggestions!

So, I should make it clear off the bat, I don't plan to release a publicly playable version of this
!
oh that's really nice of you,you could try to pull off a pokemon prism,they still released the game across the internet,nintendo can't just send a DMCA or C & D to the internet,so they lost that war.but everything depends on you.

i wish you good luck in your project,BOTW is BIG so good luck.

oh that's really nice of you,you could try to pull off a pokemon prism,they still released the game across the internet,nintendo can't just send a DMCA or C & D to the internet,so they lost that war.but everything depends on you.

i wish you good luck in your project,BOTW is BIG so good luck.

I'm not remaking the entire game, by any means! That would be.. terrifying. I'm only remaking the Great Plateau area of the game, later on I'll use this codebase for something original.

This is awesome! I'll be keeping an eye on any updates keenly.

I'll be sure to keep you updated! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom