• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of The Wild 2

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
With Nintendo announcing that "open world" will be the new Norm for 3d Zelda games, I decided to make this thread.

Breath of The Wild, as we all know is the first open world Zelda game (Not counting the original), and is not going to be the last, which makes me worry that we'll just see "another Breath of The Wild" for the next 3d Legend of Zelda game.

Now, I'm not talking about a literal Breath of The Wild 2, but I'm talking about something that is basically the same: Open world, with poor story, and few full size dungeons.

Do you think that is what's going to end up happening?

MW7

Well I think Nintendo pays attention to its fans - whether they do what we want is another matter but hopefully we influence them. I've been whining about linearity ever since I joined this forum along with plenty of other people. I eventually got what I and lots of other people wanted in BotW. If Nintendo senses enough people want a more developed story or more full length dungeons, they will likely listen. I think it's unlikely that we'll see a similar memory based story since that would be an extraordinarily unoriginal choice. Maybe we'll see branching storylines in a choose your own adventure type of manner. I don't care much about the story, but I really want longer dungeons again.

Also I like that people are not complaining about the open world, but rather indirect side effects of it that can be corrected. You can have an open world with a strong story and long dungeons.

In summary, make sure to complain if you want changes :)

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
I'll be okay with a Botw style games, I just want more challenging and complex dungeons.

Also the music, it's not THAT memorable.

I think the major criticism for BotW was the lack of story or at least how unengaging and fragmented it was.

So i think they'll address that next time. Though we could end up with an in depth yet still crap story.

Reactions: Dio
I was very disappointed with the small amount of enemy types in the game. The sub bosses were great, but we just had different classes of the same 7 enemies or so and that was it. Also the Bosses were literally just the same thing but with different weapons and elements, not very creative at all.

I don't want to see that again..

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's not open world that is the problem. Witcher 3 went open world and had a great story, character development, side quests and soundtrack.

The problem is BoTW was focused entirely on being open world and not with filling it with meaniful content. That is what they need to fix next time.

I fear they will as usual correct things which didn't need correcting, leave in what they did wrong and also add new problems.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
The lack of story didn't bother me, but I would have liked more dungeons, better variety of bosses for the dungeons, and more enemy types overall. At least all of the enemies from the original Legend of Zelda, that would have been very cool.

My only disappointment with Breath of the Wild was dungeons and their bosses. Too few and they felt more like large rooms than actual structures.

We need at least 7 before the final boss. As for bosses, don't make all of them look too similar with similar attack patterns near the end.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
Things I want in Breath of the Wild 2:

-Better story
-More voice acting
-More ride-able creatures
-Make the master sword more of a challenge to obtain
-Longer dungeons with better themes and enemy variety
-More creative bosses
-More enemies
-Better soundtrack
-More items (hookshot/grappling hook, hammer, etc.)
-More towns (with minigames?)

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I'm not entirely a fan of Nintendo's decision to go open world with subsequent games. My only hope, it seems, is either that they make several open world Zelda that get less and less positive attention until they realize that there's a certain ineffable quality to linear Zelda games that they have left behind (which could permanently damage the series' reputation), or that they continue to make awesome linear Zelda games for their handheld line. Every once in a while, I want a "choose-your-own-adventure" story, but far more often, Is prefer a carefully crafted novel with a specific point to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom