• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BRAND NEW FULL ZELDA HACK! Zelda - Perils of Darkness

After 9 long months, I have finished creating my 3rd Zelda ROM hack. If you don't know what a ROM hack is, it is a hack of the original ROM of a game, you must first own a copy of the ROM to play. I WILL NOT post ANY links to where you can get an original Zelda 1 ROM, so don't ask me.

This hack is called, "The Legend of Zelda - Perils of Darkness" It is a hack of the original Legend of Zelda.
This hack has new features ranging from...
  • Completely revised graphics that push the NES limits and are almost 16-bit like
  • New regions such as Lava, Snow, and Underwater
  • Brand New Overworld and Secrets
  • 18 brand new dungeons based on certain aspects of the hack
  • Secrets have minor visual queues now (Bombable walls have cracks etc.)
  • NEW ITEM! (Heart Pieces)
  • NEW SOUND EFFECTS! (Nearly all are new)
  • NEW MUSIC! (To an extent)
  • UP+A save trick changed to just pressing Select as Player 1
  • A very accessible first quest, and a challenging 2nd quest
Screenshots are Below!

I made this hack for every fan of the original game, and I hope you'll enjoy it...

I just want to say, to everyone that has played my other hacks before and liked the difficulty, the 2nd quest will be very much enjoyed and makes this hack truly be worthy of the title Perils of Darkness. It is a challenge for the Zelda veterans out there, and can be beaten with 0 deaths and 0 savestates... I've done it and yeesh, I gotta tell you. I highly recommend not skipping quest 2. In my opinion it is better than quest 1.

Also, Thank you all for your patience, and thank you to the ROMhacking community for inspiring me to learn how to hack old games. None of my hacks would've been here without the support of the community. Especially snarfblam! His tools have saved me more time than I can even care to think about, truly remarkable hacking tools man.

Here's the download page!

romhacking.net/hacks/5455/

5455titlescreen.png

Any questions feel free to ask!

Attachments

• 5455screenshot1.png
    5455screenshot1.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 5455screenshot2.png
    5455screenshot2.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 5455screenshot3.png