• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Boyhood - 99/100 Movie

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
[video=youtube;Ys-mbHXyWX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys-mbHXyWX4[/video]

Filmed over 12 years with the same cast, Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD is a groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason (a breakthrough performance by Ellar Coltrane), who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. Starring Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette as Mason's parents and newcomer Lorelei Linklater as his sister Samantha, BOYHOOD charts the rocky terrain of childhood like no other film has before. Snapshots of adolescence from road trips and family dinners to birthdays and graduations and all the moments in between become transcendent, set to a soundtrack spanning the years from Coldplay's Yellow to Arcade Fire's Deep Blue. BOYHOOD is both a nostalgic time capsule of the recent past and an ode to growing up and parenting.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1065073/

So is anyone else interested in this? A film that spans 12 years is pretty damn ambitious but looks like it's paying off, Boyhood has been getting some amazing critic reviews and is currently sitting at 99% and 99/100 on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, respectively. Audience rating is also at 92% of RT. Looks like this might be the best film we've had in a long long time if all this is to be believed! And I'd never even heard about it until this morning either. Definitely want to check it out now though, will be making some kind of effort to go see it.

Anyone else seen this? What you think?

Garo

Boy Wonder
Richard Linklater is one of the best working directors. He has one of the most diverse filmographies of any director I've ever seen, able to handle big broad comedies like School of Rock to quiet, incredibly intimate and profound romances like Before Sunrise, Sunset, and Midnight (one of the best movie trilogies of all time).

Boyhood has been on my radar ever since its distribution was announced, and I'll finally be able to see it in a week. I could not be more excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom