• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resolved Bowob Chat

Keep Bowob Chat?

• We're better off without it. Begone!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's better than nothing. Keep it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This chatbox nonsense is honestly bothering me. I will create a chat for the site using AJAX and PHP if I can have access to the servers. Without it I can't incorporate users, mod functions, BB Code, etc without so much work that it won't even be fair to me.
Could you make me my own personal chatbox?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Am I the only one who has zero troubles with that chat? All pages open normally and as fast as anyway and nothing crashes or is giving me errors. But it's personally not my kinda chatbox anyway.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Can we have a cam chat feature? With an 18+ room for nude caming.

ZD can't even handle regular forum posting without getting database errors, I doubt you could even open the page if there was cam chat.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Am I the only one who has zero troubles with that chat? All pages open normally and as fast as anyway and nothing crashes or is giving me errors. But it's personally not my kinda chatbox anyway.
I'm not experiencing any problems either. From what I can tell, it looks like BoWoB does not does have good support off of computers. Since I run on a laptop, guess I don't run into any issues.

Can anyone confirm that the chat isn't universal on all browers/operating systems/devices or is the problem deeper?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm not experiencing any problems either. From what I can tell, it looks like BoWoB does not does have good support off of computers. Since I run on a laptop, guess I don't run into any issues.

Can anyone confirm that the chat isn't universal on all browers/operating systems/devices or is the problem deeper?

Woah, no. Desktop vs Laptop per se should not realistically have any functionality issues. I run a desktop and it works fine.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I guess the fact that the chat is causing multiple people problems means that it would be rather unfair to keep it. If you guys could hide it somehow, so we don't have to put up with it causing lag, then I'd be fine with that (I'd still like a chatbox compatible on tablet, but I can live without it for sure). The best solution is a more reliable chatbox, but that seems like a long shot.

Sheik

:the:
...Thar's idea is probably the best option for the time being. Simply have the chat's presence be optional so that the people who are fine with the chat can keep it around while the people who are bothered by it don't need to be bothered any longer (if this is possible).

Also, "for the time being". Keep it there while we look into other chats- nudge, nudge, vBShout, wink, wink- and replace it as soon as possible.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General

I'm using a laptop but I am having terrible loading issues and random crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom