• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resolved Bowob Chat

Keep Bowob Chat?

• We're better off without it. Begone!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's better than nothing. Keep it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The general consensus is that it's awful, but I want to be sure before I remove it. (I'm not even going to bother adding an "It's great!" option to the poll. If you do like it for some reason, just choose "It's better than nothing.")

Keep in mind that if it's removed it's unlikely that it'll be replaced anytime soon.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I honestly don't care if we have a chat or not, but ever since we got it the page randomly crashes and sometimes the cursor doesn't do anything. Don't know if they are related, but I still think it should go.

Dan

I actually like it, and would go for it's better than nothing option, but seeing as others are having so many issues with it, then it's best it go away.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well since the chat doesn't work on my tablet, it's basically useless to me. It also slows down ZD and kind of lags the page, and like Heroine said in another thread, it sometimes floats in the middle of the page which is incredibly annoying.

Well if i have the chat online. the flashing bothers me and then it will crash my page half the time too. I find it really annoying.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Why can't you create a new chat altogether? Would only take a few hours.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
What was even wrong with the old chat?

Yes, it did cause some lag, but at least it didn't break the site.

I'd like to bring up that the fact that it won't load on my tablet—regardless of which browser I use—but I guess that's more of a personal issue. However, it has caused my browser to crash on a few occasions. What's more is this appears to be a common occurrence among the posters in this thread and others.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
At least make its presence optional; I wouldn't mind having a substitute chat while another one is possibly being looked into, but ever since I hit the chat button it's been in a perpetual loading phase. Even stays that way in other layouts. In that state, all it's good for is to take up space at the bottom of the forum page.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
This chatbox nonsense is honestly bothering me. I will create a chat for the site using AJAX and PHP if I can have access to the servers. Without it I can't incorporate users, mod functions, BB Code, etc without so much work that it won't even be fair to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom