• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bought a PSP and Birth by Sleep Today.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What a hipster thing to say, liking an inferior product.
What makes BBS inferior to DDD? As a whole, DDD will give the average player less hours than BBS will simply due to content size and scope alone. BBS features far more minigames and the game pretty much has more longevity than its 3DS successor. Let's not make it private matters that BBS as well is the infamous Kingdom Hearts Episode 0, as deemed by Nomura himself. DDD, though, is not much more than a bridge game in the same vein as Chain of Memories, prettied up to *look* as if it is a main game.

What makes BBS inferior to DDD? As a whole, DDD will give the average player less hours than BBS will simply due to content size and scope alone. BBS features far more minigames and the game pretty much has more longevity than its 3DS successor. Let's not make it private matters that BBS as well is the infamous Kingdom Hearts Episode 0, as deemed by Nomura himself. DDD, though, is not much more than a bridge game in the same vein as Chain of Memories, prettied up to *look* as if it is a main game.

Quantity =/= Quality

I'm pretty sure nobody would deny that Birth by Sleep is the longer game, but I would argue that Dream Drop Distance is the better game. Now don't get me wrong, they're both amazing games, but I just enjoy the features in DDD more.

First off, I started BbS again and I still stand by Dream Eaters > Command Board. Dream Eaters are at least cute, cuddly, derpy, and fun to play with while the Command Board is pretty good, but it becomes tedious after some time. Secondly, this is more of a personal thing, but I don't care for all the features they took out. Shotlocks, D-Links, and maybe Melding Commands were all nice, but I didn't really mind that they didn't come back. (As I said, leveling and melding are debatable though. BbS had an awesome selection of Commands and leveling/creating them was fun.) In return we get Flowmotion, Reality Shift, and Spirits which I like more as gameplay mechanics. Also, the overall pacing of DDD is just better than BbS. The Drop system really allowed the story to progress at a steady pace. When I played BbS, I didn't like having to restart from square one each time I began a new character. Granted, I could keep seperate play files, but that becomes very tedious.

Lastly, I just like the way DDD is designed more. Worlds are huge, Flowmotion is incredible, voice acting is top-notch, and I just really loved how the developers designed the bosses, story, and worlds.

A few more things, obviously the graphics in DDD are better, but that's a very unfair comparison, and I think we can agree that the music is equal in quality. (Yoko never disappoints <3)

Like you said, BbS has more content, and that's my only somewhat major gripe with DDD. We could have used just one more world, two more mini-games, throw in another secret boss, and I would have no complaints.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, I'm not gonna attack you for any of your opinions, Surfer, because that is exactly what you presented in your post: your opinions. I actually can agree with a good deal of them, it's just that the things that didn't make it into DDD that WERE in BBS...they were focal points for me.

Command melding, for me, honestly beats out learning commands by raising a bunch of Dream Eaters that I *probably* don't care about. World size in DDD was a joke...flowmotion made it so. You *could* traverse the world normally i.e without flowmotion, but at that point it gets tedious. You could traverse with flowmotion, then the worlds just feel too small...again in my opinion, for me.

I agree with you on bosses, but DDD honestly could use a Vanitas-type character both in the story and as a boss enemy. Vanitas himself is just too badass, but his archetype should've been represented in DDD at least for an original world :/

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Both games I like alot and I don't like comparing them simply because they are on different consoles and have different ways of playing. Though the biggest thing I will disagree with is saying that DDD is like COM. COM can easily be passed over and you'll never really realise that you've missed anything but having played DDD and seeing the whole thing, there are some pretty major plot points in DDD that you'll most likely not manage to pick up on too well when they bring out KH3. Roxas' story (358/2D) while being as awesome and touching as it is can be skipped over without too much of an issue and Coded can easily be skipped over. DDD is the first nintendo KH game that you'll probably need to play to keep up with the storyline.

Well, I'm not gonna attack you for any of your opinions, Surfer, because that is exactly what you presented in your post: your opinions. I actually can agree with a good deal of them, it's just that the things that didn't make it into DDD that WERE in BBS...they were focal points for me.

Command melding, for me, honestly beats out learning commands by raising a bunch of Dream Eaters that I *probably* don't care about. World size in DDD was a joke...flowmotion made it so. You *could* traverse the world normally i.e without flowmotion, but at that point it gets tedious. You could traverse with flowmotion, then the worlds just feel too small...again in my opinion, for me.

I agree with you on bosses, but DDD honestly could use a Vanitas-type character both in the story and as a boss enemy. Vanitas himself is just too badass, but his archetype should've been represented in DDD at least for an original world :/

Just a little note: When I force my opinion upon you, I don't legitimately think my opinion rules above all, I just do that for teh lulz.

As for world size, that's one of the issues that really isn't debatable. The worlds in DDD are objectively bigger. Flowmotion makes travel easy which is a good thing, not a bad thing. And as you said, Flowmotion is mostly optional outside of a few puzzles and areas, but if you're going to complain about travel being tedious without Flowmotion, that's just nitpicking and double standards. You chose to make travel tedious, the game provides easy travel methods because the worlds are so big.

I mean really, unless you're purposely speeding through the worlds without taking time to look for treasure chests, then there's no reason to complain.

As for Vanitas, I got tired of fighting him seven damn times throughout all three stories. He's fun to fight and I love how Haley Joel Osment voiced him, but seven times is a tad much.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Good. It has the story mode from the other Dissidia as well, except this time there is a world map you traverse, instead of a board game.

I love my custom fights with Cloud and Sephiroth with the music. Remixed past music is always awesome.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No offense but Terra is like the worst character ever, his guard is bad, his commands are bad, he is bad. You'll have a REALLY hard time beating VLS with Terra. BUT, I believe I have a trick for you:

Mine Square. Just keeping laying those mines and lure Vanitas Remnant into them -- he'll dodge them from time to time but just keep laying them on him while keeping a distance.

Also, do NOT equip Cure/Cura/Curaga. IIRC whenever you use Cure-ra-ga he uses it as well. Use POTIONS instead.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Yeah, I mined that ******* like crazy.

Keep dogding and attack when he's about to land(it's been 2 years since I played, my knowledge is rusty).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom