• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BOTW2 Title & Release Date Confirmed

The similar motif is a curiosity at this point. Nothing rules out the Zonai having some sort of link to the Twili, especially if they end up also being magicians of some sort, but it doesn't really confirm it either. But even if its just a thematic connection and not an explicit one, it's an interesting thought nonetheless. Someone's probably said it before but he hand magic that Link has (which may be connected to the Zonai) arguably has some similarity to Zant having a similar power?

Comparing things to the Sheikah and the Twili are a trend with new Zelda games we don't know anything about but since the Sheikah are more than likely already present in Tears of the Kingdom (hey I actually said its name), then it's easier for us to kind of reach the Twili conclusion. Whether or not it actually ends up having anything to do with them, I just hope the themes and environments with their hieroglyphs and architecture sets a fantastic atmosphere for exploration.

Something well worth noting...
unknown.png

463bc063c0.jpg

:eyes: Green swirly thing reminiscent of the first trailer. It's directly across from the stable, too. What if it's an entrance to the underground? What if we ARE also getting an underground on top of a sky?
I kind of hope we're getting an underworld cuz Zelda gets eaten by a chasm or whatever so it'd make sense if there's some sort of movement between them.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Am I the only one who thinks the sword in the logo looks a little “twilighty”
YESSSS!!! Me too! As soon as I saw it I was freaking out a little inside

Ever since the green glowy stuff has been appearing in the trailers for TotK, it has always reminded me of the twili and the twilight realm. And with the game developers saying it'll have a darker atmosphere, I started to get excited at throwing the possibility of the twilight realm making a comeback. I don't really see any other evidence for it though, aside for the aesthetic similarities. But still, I'm hoping. It would be awesome.

A lot of zelda theorists are focusing more on the zonai as a possibility instead of the twili though
Me three!! Telling myself it's coincidence tho.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Last random bit of speculation for the night.
unknown.png

Just realized that rock looks a LOT like the rocks that we have seen dotting the surface in the past two trailers. The ones that look like pices that fell out of the sky, broken off from the floating islands. What if this is Link using his new powers to fix it and put it back in place. :eyes:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Based on the logo and other things we've seen it looks like there's probably a Zonai connection. Which annoys me to no end. Nothing wrong with them, I've just always been annoyed with everyone constantly theorizing about the Zonai while they were most likely meant to be a non important generic "ancient race". I gueeeess it would make sense for them to explain a few things about the civilization. Still.

idk if it quite qualifies as an ouroboros because its not self-devouring. if we did wanna look at the symbolism of two serpents devouring each other, it would probably more signify two separate forces regulating each other. i wont go crazy (or will i?) but that kind of feels like that could fit in line with the duality of above/below theming that i'm kind of hoping for with the game.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
idk if it quite qualifies as an ouroboros because its not self-devouring. if we did wanna look at the symbolism of two serpents devouring each other, it would probably more signify two separate forces regulating each other. i wont go crazy (or will i?) but that kind of feels like that could fit in line with the duality of above/below theming that i'm kind of hoping for with the game.
It doesn't, I suppose I could call it a double ouroboros but that kind of defeats the purpose. Anyway, now I'm watching Zeltik and of course he's already been over all of this. I'm late!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Obviously my uncle already told me the title ages ago so I knew they had just made up the fact that the title is spoilerish. It reveals very little and much can be speculated on its meaning.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Last random bit of speculation for the night.
unknown.png

Just realized that rock looks a LOT like the rocks that we have seen dotting the surface in the past two trailers. The ones that look like pices that fell out of the sky, broken off from the floating islands. What if this is Link using his new powers to fix it and put it back in place. :eyes:
Oh that's interesting, I saw it as a slate rune for getting up into the sky, but what if those are the actual tears? Like, they fell off of the kingdom in the sky and you have to put them back??

I need to stop speculating I said I wasn't gonna do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom