• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BOTW2 Title & Release Date Confirmed

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Oh another minor boxart observation but Death Mountain seems to be seeping with malice so maybe Zelda I callback

which feels appropriate since the Death Mountain music in BotW was a remix of Zelda I's
There's that and then there's also THIS.

5b84d967c4.jpg

What the heck is THAT? That doesnt look like anything recognizable from BotW does it? The placement on the map relative to the castle also suggests it's near eastern Hebra.... These little details get me excited to think of all the ways the overworld we once knew has changed.

There's that and then there's also THIS.

5b84d967c4.jpg

What the heck is THAT? That doesnt look like anything recognizable from BotW does it? The placement on the map relative to the castle also suggests it's near eastern Hebra.... These little details get me excited to think of all the ways the overworld we once knew has changed.
thunderhead from ss

ghost ship fog from ph

whipped cream

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Exciting... I'm glad they're keeping things pretty vague, honestly! I dislike when a game's trailers just spoil a ton of the game through trailers or cuts to late-game boss fights. I have a lot of hope for this one, but I'll keep my lips sealed for speculation, for now.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ok so here's my thoughts:

Tears of the Kingdom is quite possible the best Zelda title. Ever. Like I already said in the Direct thread, there seems to be some Twili elements, but it might just be similar design. Gameplay wise, I don't feel like the trailer showed much, mainly that the islands in the sky will be important and you'll be able to jump off of them. There was the white outlined rock that was climbing up the rope thingy, looks like a Sheikah slate rune to me. I've only seen the trailer once, I could watch it again to notice details, but I'd rahter just wait for the game

My take on the title is that it’s incredibly literal. We’ve seen Link has some new power to reverse the movement of objects (screen goes greyscale, yellow highlight and movement path of object). In the new trailer Link does this with a rock that moves upward into the sky. The implication is that this rock fell from the sky, from an island above. A literal Tear of the Kingdom.

(edit: also first post wooo)

Oh, more serious thought about the weird whipped cream thing. Would that line up to be where one of the three labyrinths are?

I'm reluctant to watch an analysis video cuz I kinda wanna draw my own conclusions without outside influence but I'm sure Zeltik got some good stuff to say.

EDIT: actually no I cahnged my mind, I think that art is looking at the map of Hyrule from the east due to Death Mountains position relative to the Castle (it's closer than the castle is to the foreground) so its more likely that is where the Great Plateau is.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Am I the only one who thinks the sword in the logo looks a little “twilighty”

YESSSS!!! Me too! As soon as I saw it I was freaking out a little inside

Ever since the green glowy stuff has been appearing in the trailers for TotK, it has always reminded me of the twili and the twilight realm. And with the game developers saying it'll have a darker atmosphere, I started to get excited at throwing the possibility of the twilight realm making a comeback. I don't really see any other evidence for it though, aside for the aesthetic similarities. But still, I'm hoping. It would be awesome.

A lot of zelda theorists are focusing more on the zonai as a possibility instead of the twili though

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong, but I'm sure there's zero twilight connections w/ those glowy things

I can see that. Pretty much all that I've seen that could connect the two is all the glowy patterns.

Also btw did anyone else think 'dungeon' when link pushed open those big heavy doors? I honestly think there'll be dungeons up in the sky on the floating islands. Traditional, classic, zelda-style dungeons. Not like the divine beasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom