• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BOTW2, Things rising from the Ground, the Leviathan Skeletons

I have been thinking on Link and Zelda's exploration of underground caverns, the raising of Hyrule Castle (whether it suddenly starts floating in the air with the aid of shiekah technology related to that on vah medoh, or rises up to form a plateau similar to the Great Plateau), and what that may mean for other locations in the game. More specifically, I am thinking of the Zonai ruins scattered throughout Hyrule (most notably the mazes and three shrines related to the dragons), and the ancient Leviathan bones. Within the Sequel reveal trailer, Link and Zelda are seen exploring caverns decorated in Zonai sculptural motifs and even frescoes along the cavern walls. Within the Hebra Region, the ancient leviathan skeleton that we find for a quest is located behind stone doors featuring sculptural decoration akin to the Zonai motifs. The segmented pilasters, chunky post and lintel frame, rusticated stonework, and quarter roundels are all repeated in the massive mazes, and even the large dragon shrine in the Faron region. As the ancient leviathan skeleton is located behind these doors, we can easily deduce that the two- the Zonai and the leviathans- are related in some way. Therefore, I wondering if it might be possible that in BOTW2, the leviathan play a role in the game content. What do you think?
01.jpgZonai_Ruins.jpgsequel-to-the-legend-of-zelda--breath-of-the-wild---first-look-trailer-0-32-screenshot-1560273...png

I have attached an image of the Stone Door in Hebra that leads to the Ancient Leviathan Skeleton, the Zonai Ruins in Faron, and an image of the underground bridge in the cavern from the reveal video.

Last edited:
I like this idea. I'm not sure how much I agree with it yet, but it's a good starting point for a wider discussion about the influence of the Zonai in BotW 2. It does seem that time travel is somehow going to be involved and if so it would be great to see the story of the leviathan's. In fact, there's a lot of things they could run with that were seemingly set up for more in BotW.

I think I'm gonna boot up the game again soon and take a look at the Zonai ruins and the leviathan's, see of there's anything I can gleam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom