• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW2 Delayed to Spring 2023

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They're pushing it back and back in order to make it a launch title on the Switch's successor :P

In all seriousness though this doesn't bother me a huge amount, hopefully they use the extra time to polish the game and release something that is great from day 1.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Just saw it and decided to check if someone posted it. I already suspected it to be delayed. Actually I don't have that much troubles with it if it's going to give us do much more than we ever even dared to hope for. I got many other plans and games to fill that gap. We already wait for years so one more year might not be a bad thing

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
i fully expected this, the way the line up for nintendo was shaping out, especially with Xenoblade 3, just didn't really leave any space for BOTW2

Archer

Whatever
Depressing as this is, I don’t blame Nintendo. Sometimes they need to do this for quality assurance

And yes, we’re already getting some good games this year, the wait won’t be TOO long

my first thought when i heard this was: it will not release then either for sure it will not as its actual release will be significantly later than this thime window

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
They're pushing it back and back in order to make it a launch title on the Switch's successor :P
I was very much thinking the exact same thing—the last two times this happened we got a new console (Wii [TP] + Switch [BotW])

In all honesty, I'm not surprised. Nintendo are still semi into QA and don't usually hesitate to delay something if it needs more time. I'd rather have a more polished sequel that I'm not really looking forward to than a buggy Assassin's Creed/Fallout 76/MODEN GAME TITLE riddled with errors because devs didn't get a chance to take their time due to an impending release date of doom + day 1 patch.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
After they announced those Pokémon games as holiday releases I was fully expecting not to see BotW 2 released this year. I'm in agreement that I'm ok with waiting for the sake of getting a better game. That said, a part of me really did want to be playing it this year.

i am ok with this delay!! breath of the wild was an amazing game, and its sequel deserves to have the same amount of time and effort put in!

I'm good with them delaying it into 2023. I'm not surprised they did. I'm really happy they gave us a small update with 7 seconds of new footage. I really want it to come out on Friday March 3rd 2023. The 6 year anniversary of if the first BOTW.

I agree, 2022 is packed, and BOTW2 needs a release time that isn't already filled with pokemon

so E3 is totally cancelled but it is of course to be expected that nintendo will do something online in the form of a presentation like they did for a few years now

but is anyone gullible enough to believe that the sequel of breath of the wild will be in that presentation, one way or another being mentioned with something at the very least noteworthy; you guessed it as i do not even remotely think so (even if E3 would have gone through in its full extent it would not even be the case at all according to me)

the earliest we might learn something noteworthy about this game, will be november or december this year

this all goes together with the fact that i do not believe that this sequal will release anywhere around the new given release window but that it will be even significantly later than that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom