• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW2 Delayed to Spring 2023

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I’m shocked to say that I’m not upset by the news. If they’re going to make improvements and give us a better game than we’d get this year, that’s great. I also have a bunch of games that I’d like to catch up on in the near future, so that will give me more time for those games as well. Looking forward to its release next year.

Even though they gave us that 2022 confirmation last year, I don't think anyone actually thought it was gonna come out in 2022. I'm okay with the delay, and not particularly surprised about it. More devs do need to be more willing to delay if they feel it'll help their development, so as long as they're getting more out of their work with this extra couple months, I support it. I just wish they'd give us the title of the game honestly.

But best wishes to the Zelda team.
ok_hand.png

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Ughhhhhhhhh

I’m already so worried if this game will fix the issues I had with BotW or not. This is just delaying my suspense even more, especially since they still haven’t told us anything about the damn game.

On top of that, this was the only game coming out for the rest of the year that I was even kinda excited for.

I swear if this game sucks I’m gonna be pissed that I waited this long.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ok this is the first news about this game that has affected me in a major way, I'm actually annoyed now. I'm officially on the hype train. Nice to be drip fed a little bit more about it (This is both sarcastic and unironic at the same time), and hopefully this means we get TPHD and/or WWHD on the Switch for the holidays. Granted, I just played them both but it'll be nice for people that got into the series with BotW to play some real 3D Zelda games, along with OoT and MM being on the Switch as well.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
FRICKING FRAK I am SO mad right nowww.
I literally just yelled "NO", earning me a weird look from my parents. I was really hoping for a holiday release.

That aside, that one new video clip we got has me excited. The master sword design is so cool. I wonder if that fire in front of him has anything to do with those three flames you have to use on the goddess sword in ss to make it the master sword :suspicious:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For a game they already had mechanics and engine all ready for from last time it is hard to see a reasonable excuse for a delay of this length. This should have been a MM made in a year or two job, but I can almost guarantee that it will not feel like 5 years worth of content in the new game.

I'm not disappointed by this delay because I have other things to play and I refuse to be excited for a game which I don't know has fixed the major issues with its predecessor. However I can understand why people might be disappointed.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I don't mind the delay much. My hype for BotW2 is kinda nonexistent despite having enjoyed the original, largely due to having so little to go on for info after all this time. Add my backlog into that, and I'm not complaining about one less big game releasing this year.

At the end of the day, if they make a better game from it, by all means take more time for it.

This game is literally stabbing me to death very very slowly. I don't care about the delay, but I do care about the hype slowly dying like the Indus River Valley Civilization crumbling under its own weight. Like, why can't we see some concept art or maybe drop one music track a week for the next year, or SOMETHING just to keep the hype alive a little bit.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Can't say I'm surprised. Maybe a little bit disappointed. That last E3 trailer pumped me up so much and I've been dying to see what they've done with this one. A longer wait is gonna sting a bit, but fortunately I'll have plenty of games to occupy my time with. I can only assume (or hope) that the reason for so much delay despite it picking up right where botw left off is because they're going ham on all the new mechanics and such. I feel like this could be their most ambitious Zelda title yet, and I hope I'm right. The new bit of footage we got today is super interesting. I'm still very hyped.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Not surprised, and I don't really mind. I never finished BotW. It was fun but just didn't interest me as much. Mostly haven't finished it now because I got it on WiiU and I don't use my WiiU anymore. Botw2 doesn't catch my interest a ton either. I'll probably still try it sometime but I'm not hyped for it or anything. Tbh, if they're taking this long with a sequel using the same engine and everything, I much would have rather them created a whole new Zelda game with their time. Especially if it were a 2d one, because I've been wanting a new 2d Zelda game.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
It’s understandable, but annoying that they couldn’t tell us more information, or at least a bigger amount

I mean, I’m not in a dev’s shoes, but still, it uses the same engine and now I just feel like I’m not hyped, at least until a later date when it comes soon

It probably won’t top MM for me, because that game’s fantastic, but I really hope the wait is worth it. If not, then oh well

This only bolsters my suspicion that there are some serious internal problems over at Ninty HQ. Granted, I must point out that 2022 was a very broad release target, which means Spring 2023 could likely mean only a few months from whatever the original date was. After all these years, though, I'm not ready to just accept that this is a 'take a little extra time to polish things up' delay, it seems more likely to me that something went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom