• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Botw timeline hypothesis

If i dont write down my idea i will forget and i just have to get it out because ive been reading everyones threads and ideas on the time line for like four days. BUT, what if botw is the place where there is an insertion of a time loop. The technological advancements that are so grand in botw could have been used to send impa back in time to ocarina of time (oot) to prevent the downfal timeline. My idea is that since we as players win oot and go on from there, its entirely possible there was a world/ timeline where impa did not exist, did not teach zelda how to be sheik and that some how causes link to fail, leading to the DT, of course we dont play this version, but my very shaky evidence is thus: in oot, impa is refered to as like the last of her race, attendants to the royal family, and her house is in a town thats still under construction. Also link is like an orphan. In the spirit of conspiracy humor me. A group of sheikah come back in time drop off the orphan, then begin building a town where they can house themselves. Then various sheikah die or claim to die off in the spirit of like being time travellers. Then we play and win and voila the DT is averted. Or not because time travel is super finicky. But this would explain why the timelines were split in the first place because meddling with time can cause that.

Also i feel that alot of things that people say point to botw being in the AT or the CT could be a process thats similar to the way evolution works in real life, convegent evolution works by finding a similar solutions to similar problem despite there being no interdependant development or no like historical intertwining of stuff. It has been 10, 000 years i would be more shocked if the symbols or statues didnt mirror each other than if they do. This is a world that went through catastrophic event in terms of like "sociopolitcal" stuff, but oral tradtions and like climate and rotation in its solar system could have stayed the same.

Also the references to different heros, uhh if you can time travel then of course you would know about the heros of other timelines cuz you could probably go there. Oooorr, if you have powers, like zelda does maybe theres a bit of clairvoyance?

Just had to get that off my chest.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
If i dont write down my idea i will forget and i just have to get it out because ive been reading everyones threads and ideas on the time line for like four days. BUT, what if botw is the place where there is an insertion of a time loop. The technological advancements that are so grand in botw could have been used to send impa back in time to ocarina of time (oot) to prevent the downfal timeline. My idea is that since we as players win oot and go on from there, its entirely possible there was a world/ timeline where impa did not exist, did not teach zelda how to be sheik and that some how causes link to fail, leading to the DT, of course we dont play this version, but my very shaky evidence is thus: in oot, impa is refered to as like the last of her race, attendants to the royal family, and her house is in a town thats still under construction. Also link is like an orphan. In the spirit of conspiracy humor me. A group of sheikah come back in time drop off the orphan, then begin building a town where they can house themselves. Then various sheikah die or claim to die off in the spirit of like being time travellers. Then we play and win and voila the DT is averted. Or not because time travel is super finicky. But this would explain why the timelines were split in the first place because meddling with time can cause that.

Also i feel that alot of things that people say point to botw being in the AT or the CT could be a process thats similar to the way evolution works in real life, convegent evolution works by finding a similar solutions to similar problem despite there being no interdependant development or no like historical intertwining of stuff. It has been 10, 000 years i would be more shocked if the symbols or statues didnt mirror each other than if they do. This is a world that went through catastrophic event in terms of like "sociopolitcal" stuff, but oral tradtions and like climate and rotation in its solar system could have stayed the same.

Also the references to different heros, uhh if you can time travel then of course you would know about the heros of other timelines cuz you could probably go there. Oooorr, if you have powers, like zelda does maybe theres a bit of clairvoyance?

Just had to get that off my chest.

You're forgetting Impa's age here, in OOT she isn't really all that old and in BOTW she's clearly old enough for a shrine herself. Even though Impa is said to be the last of the Shiekah as you've yourself pointed out she can train others to be a Shiekah.

Also Impa was present in Adult Links Time as the Sage of Shadows and the Downfall Timeline is explicitly stated to be if link falls to Ganondorf/Ganon at the end of it, where he obtains the Golden Power and turns into a pigstrosity.

Her house in Kakariko isn't under construction, that's the Archery Gallery hers is i believe the one with a cow inside.

The Young Deku Tree states that a hylian mother died in the forest with her child, the child was kept and reared courtesy of the trees Clairvoyance that or the Trees really good guesswork.

The Timeline Split DID occur thanks to meddling with time, or more accurately Zelda's fiddling with time, she sent Link back in time in the hope to avert disaster and to some degree succeeded but the Adult Timeline still happened.

Honestly as you say it does belong in one or the other but i strongly think it fits in the Adult Timeline, we've been shown theres more than one type of Zora the River kind (such as those of zora's domain) and Ocean Zora, one of these two species could've adapted for flight and become the Rito (they infact did so as shown in Wind Waker) And the Koroks themselves were beings of the forest dedicated to spreading the forest. As seen in BOTW they more or less succeeded to the point where we see a large dominance of forests. Before i'm asked about Gorons and Gerudo that's kinda where it falls flat on the thought it fits in the Adult TImeline. Very few Gorons around post OOT (AT) so much so they take to travelling on rafts but even then we're shown they do make a re-emergence in New Hyrule, Gerudo is kind of the Odd One out, but then if the gods sank hyrule and the people took to the mountain tops then chance are the gerudo could've done so. Make sense just due to the geography, Dragon Roost and Death mountain are similarly placed, we see masses of mountains and for some reason Hyrule Castle seems to be on a lower plain than the rest of hyrule.

But it's all thoughts and theories, there's nothing solid to prove it.

I do actually like the idea of yours though, but unless something is found in the games to substantiate it just remains theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom