• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BOTW map usability enhancements

I have a few suggestions to improve the quality of life on the map, particularly for mobile devices:

1. Since everything is client side, is it possible you iterate through the local storage then use jQuery or something to export progress to a json file that can be loaded on another client?

2. I find myself inadvertently clicking on pictures after the call back happens for the map pop up. Can you add Target=blank to them so the map doesn't have to be reloaded from an accidental click?

3. Related to 2, can you make events for dragend and zoomupdated to store the map center and zoom level to the local storage, then on fresh load, restore these values? This will help with coming back and picking up where you left off.
Similarly just remembering what map options were turned on and off in the legend as well.

#1 would be the most helpful, at least for me. I find myself using one device at home then a smaller companion device when I take my switch with me.

Alternatively, link these to a server side account of sorts but that opens up a lot if security issues if not handled properly.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom