• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW Future Story and Triforce Theory

GFE

While searching the world map for possible locations of missing shrines, I happened to notice that three mountains had very similar and very unusual peaks that were found nowhere else on the map that I could find (except for a second similar peak at a lower altitude on one of those mountains). The three mountains are the well known Satori Mountain, Cuho Mountain in the Tabantha Frontier, and Lindor's Brow in the Hyrule Ridge area. The peaks of each were almost like a trio of peaks with a space in the center, and furthermore, when I placed a beacon at each location, they formed a fairly nice triangular shape. I decided to take it a step further and draw it out to see what happened and found that it makes a fairly convincing Triforce. Lastly, when you look at the center of the Triforce shape, you find Mount Rhoam which despite being named after the king was a fairly uneventful area in the game.

I recognize that this is possibly all just a coincidence, but it is extremely convenient and notable that they are the only three mountains (at least as far as I noticed) with a peak like that. I could just envision beams of light shooting skyward from each in some future alternate story to form a Wind Waker-esque Triforce cutscene and something appearing on Mount Rhoam. All just dreams probably, but below is a link to a copy of the world map with my theory sketched out for your consideration (SPOILER WARNING - The map I used was actually a map of all Korok locations I used to help get 100%, so don't look if you want to find them all without help :eek:). It's a large map file, so you may want to download it and zoom in to get a better idea, or you could check it out on your own game. Thanks for indulging my theory, and let me know your thoughts. Feel free to throw out your own theories as well!

Theory Map Link - http://imgur.com/a/WSPT8

To be fair, any three points form a triangular shape :) But I know what you mean.

I think it is coincidence, but it would be interesting if perhaps Mount Rhoam is important in the upcoming DLC story.

GFE

To be fair, any three points form a triangular shape :) But I know what you mean.

Yeah, I know, but this one just turned out very well proportioned when looked at from the correct angle. While I agree that it is likely coincidence, the shapes of those particular peaks were just odd to me and yet fairly unimportant, though I think one had a Great Thunderblade and you pass through another to get to the King of the Mountain. Also, Mount Rhoam just being for a footrace goal seems fairly sad. Thanks for your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom