• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild BotW Challenges - players can try out (minor spoilers)

Say someone wanted to put a self imposed challenge on them for a run through of the game. What challenges could they choose? Here is a list of some challenges they could try to do.

3 Hearts - Don't spend any spirit orbs on more hearts. Yellow hearts would be ok.
1 Stamina Wheel - Don't spend any spirit orbs on more mximum stamina. Stamina food would be ok.
Atheist- Don't spend a single Spirit Orb. That means no praying to the statues at all. Not sure if you have to spend one to get off the Great Plateau or not though. Yellow heart and stamina food would be ok.
Carnivore - Only eat meat fish and eggs and recipes made from thsoe ingredients. Potions are allowed too.
Vegan / Herbivore - Only eat herbs, vegetables and recioes created from them. No meat, fish and eggs allowed even in recipes. Potions are allowed though.
Raw Foodist - Don't cook any food at all. Potions are ok.
Anorexic - Don't eat any food at all. Potions are ok.
Miser - Don't spend any rupees.
Living off the Land - Don't buy anything from vendors
Back to Basics - Don't upgrade any clothing
Naked - Don't wear any clothing
Allergic - Don't consume any potions
Runner - Don't mount any creatures
Caveman - Don't equip or use any metalic weapon, shield or clothing
Lightning Rod - Only use metallic weapons, shields and clothing
Scamiibo - Don't use any amiibo

Can you think of any others?

Miser - Don't spend any rupees.
Naked - Don't wear any clothing
Lightning Rod - Only use metallic weapons, shields and clothing
You need to buy and wear a specific set of clothes in order to enter one of the major locations in the game, so these are all impossible unless you skip that area.

Most of the food/potion related ones are pretty easy to do, so I don't really see the point of them.

A couple I might add though...
No Second Chances - Don't use any items that resurrect you automatically when you die (there are two that I know of so far, and may be more).
Bloodthirsty - Kill every enemy you see.

You need to buy and wear a specific set of clothes in order to enter one of the major locations in the game, so these are all impossible unless you skip that area.
You have to skip that area. That's part of the challenge. I didn't say you can enter every area while doing the challenges. But you can certain beat Ganon though.

Most of the food/potion related ones are pretty easy to do, so I don't really see the point of them.
Others might like these easier challenges

A couple I might add though...
No Second Chances - Don't use any items that resurrect you automatically when you die (there are two that I know of so far, and may be more).
Bloodthirsty - Kill every enemy you see.
Nice :)

There is one more I just thought of.

Hardcore - When you die, you start a new save file. Like most games, here in hardcore death is permanent too. Link only has one life in this challenge.

Zachie

Moo
You're cutting out an entire Divine Beast just to make your challenge work.. a lot of people won't really be a fan of that. That's just my opinion though.

You're cutting out an entire Divine Beast just to make your challenge work.. a lot of people won't really be a fan of that. That's just my opinion though.
Speed runners cut out 4 Divine dungeons in the game and race straight to Ganon. Different things for different folks.
Also you could make it ok to spend that once to enter that area. It's totally up to the player to decide how strictly they stick to these or not. These are just a base of ideas. The players will use them how they see fit to have fun.

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
I'm not disagreeing; challenges aren't supposed to be liked, they are supposed to be difficult. A person wouldn't attempt a challenge if they expected it to be mediocre in difficulty.

Gotta Go Fast: Beat Gannon in under an hour and thirty minutes of total play time (on specified file).

I actually just completed that challenge (1:18:12 on my stopwatch). Might be one of the easier challenges though: the game gives you everything you need in Hyrule Castle.

Nuzloke: Other than the stick, you can only use an item (swords, shields, consumables) once before they are broken or consumed.

Gotta Go Fast: Beat Gannon in under an hour and thirty minutes of total play time (on specified file).

I actually just completed that challenge (1:18:12 on my stopwatch). Might be one of the easier challenges though: the game gives you everything you need in Hyrule Castle..
What if you made that challenge under 1 hour? That would be actually challenging. Something for the speed runners out there.

Is the 3-4 heart limit bother you much in speed runs?

Drahsid

What if you made that challenge under 1 hour? That would be actually challenging. Something for the speed runners out there.

Is the 3-4 heart limit bother you much in speed runs?
Under one hour would mean competing with the current world record which I believe is around 55 minutes.
I don't see why the heart count would bother anyone, if you're beating the game that fast, that means not getting hit.

Under one hour would mean competing with the current world record which I believe is around 55 minutes.
I don't see why the heart count would bother anyone, if you're beating the game that fast, that means not getting hit.
True it does. Even now I do Lynels without getting hit. As in I beat them or I am one shot dead. Within a few tries I can kill them without getting hit. I am doing a 4 heart run so far. I didn't plan it, it just happened. I'll have to get more hearts for that sword though, but I'll do that a lot later.

Drahsid

Lynels are great practice for understanding the game's combat. I recommend that people who feel the game is difficult slay a few. Anyways, I thought of a new challenge.

Lynel Crusher: Using the weapon, "Lynel Crusher", crush (slay) every Lynel by utilizing a large object and stasis. You're playing baseball and your goal is to pitch the ball into the batter's face.

Road Trip - Travel from the top of Mount Lanayru to the top of Hebra's Peak on the Ancient Motorcycle as quickly as possible.

Rules: You CANNOT make any progress by climbing or running. If you can run, you can ride. You must be riding the motorcycle at all times except to refuel and to deal with enemies that have knocked you off your bike and are preventing you from getting away on your bike.

You are encouraged to stay on established paths as these tend to be flatter and don't make you do tiny jumps that will slow you down, but it is obviously not required as you will have to go off path at one point or another. You are also allowed to make jumps/drop downs on your bike, because you don't have to get off the bike to do so. But you may not climb or run on this journey.

Comment below with your times and good luck!

Best Time: 17:36.51

Last edited:

dtc

an idea i had was to use moon jump wrong warp (look up a tutorial if you dont know how to do it) to beat all the shrines before getting off of the plateau, havent tried it out but it is technically possible since the shrines dont have the void out in outside the plateau w/o paraglider thing. You could even do the divine beasts and get the master cycle even though you would have to be constantly eating food because of the damage you take from weather (and also beating the blights and maz koshia with plateau equipment would be hard but technically possible)

Blue Flame Double Marathon - carry the blue flame from the Akkala flame source to the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab non stop, and back again from Hateno flame source to the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. Can be done on horseback or on foot, Master Mode or regular. Most difficult is Master Mode on foot, of course. This challenge will suit the pacifists amongst you as it's best done ignoring all enemies. Good luck with the weather!

Also no lightning lamps on the way, that's cheating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom