• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW - Are the "Seven Heroines" Sages?

I'm sorry to revive this old post, but I would really like to contribute to it. I have been playing A Link to the Past recently, and why can't the seven heroines be a reference to the seven maidens from that game? Strangely, I see very few people bring this up and I don't know why. While it's not for sure, it seems very reasonable to me. As for who the eight is, maybe there is a reason she was wiped from history. Maybe she didn't exist to begin with but was a false idol.

Also, keep in mind that unless I'm mistaken (and if I am, please politely correct me) the sages in the other games were a mix of different genders. The seven maidens from A Link to the Past is the closest thing I can associate the seven heroines with.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to revive this old post, but I would really like to contribute to it. I have been playing A Link to the Past recently, and why can't the seven heroines be a reference to the seven maidens from that game? Strangely, I see very few people bring this up and I don't know why. While it's not for sure, it seems very reasonable to me. As for who the eight is, maybe there is a reason she was wiped from history. Maybe she didn't exist to begin with but was a false idol.

Also, keep in mind that unless I'm mistaken (and if I am, please politely correct me) the sages in the other games were a mix of different genders. The seven maidens from A Link to the Past is the closest thing I can associate the seven heroines with.

Because you're being really simplistic with it. "7 heroines must be 7 maidens"
You ignore the role the Seven Heroines played. They were "divine protectors" of the Gerudo, doesn't really fit with the anything from A Link to the Past. The fact there were originally 8 throws that out the window anyways. They could easily just be some legendary figures from the Gerudo past, like maybe they helped defend their people alongside the first champion who piloted Vah Naboris.

I’m very late to this but I was just playing so twilight princess again, living them old memories and I might totally be off but! The ancient sages at arbiter grounds, they all bear a symbol of one of the 6 medallions from the Orcarina which we also find out that they used to serve the royal fam and were tutors. ANYWAY it just clicked in my head when I saw it being like “oh my gosh! The symbols” and i’ve tried to see if there was any who tried to make a resemblance but I didn’t. So it could be just me but throwing it out there anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom