• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild BOTW AMIIBO FRUSTRATION SOLVED!!!

it took me awhile to figure this out, but if you spawn/drop an amiibo in a specific location, the chances of getting the exclusive amiibo are almost 100%. Here’s an example:

You have the Ocarina of time Link, Zelda, or Majoras mask Link and have been grinding and spawn scamming for hours. Maybe you have gotten one exclusive item, maybe not. The one thing all three of these share in common is... Ocarina of Time’s Temple of Time. Go to the temple of time on the Great Plateau. Spawn drop the amiibos near the broken down wall of the Temple. You will spawn an exclusive item effortlessly, or with very few try’s.

The OG link from Zelda 1? Try spawning at the cliff where the intro scene takes place.

Skyward sword? Spawn on the bridges of Owlen, Eagus, and Horwell.

Just look into the references of previous Zelda games, spawn the corresponding Amiibo to that game in that Area and poof! You’re welcome! Pass this along! And yes, it does work. After grinding for 8 days of playing for 2 hours and spawn scamming, I thought “maybe if i tried it here...” and bam. 20 minutes later I had every exclusive armor and weapon and wondered why I didn’t think of it before. Tag, share, repost, whatever. Thanks!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Sorry theres no proof to back this up. I sat in front of The Temple before and god zilch in the exclusive gear domain while trying for MM links exclusives. It's quite literally randomized each time. The only effective way i've found is save scumming it.

Sorry theres no proof to back this up. I sat in front of The Temple before and god zilch in the exclusive gear domain while trying for MM links exclusives. It's quite literally randomized each time. The only effective way i've found is save scumming it.
Could just be that it's only OoT Link that works with the ToT... MM Link would probably need to be used in locations that reference Majora's Mask... e.g. Romani Plains.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Could just be that it's only OoT Link that works with the ToT... MM Link would probably need to be used in locations that reference Majora's Mask... e.g. Romani Plains.

I somehow doubt that location matters for amiibo. Unless someone can get proper results going on it i wouldn't validate the claims. Going by this "location means easier exclusives" that'd mean the Old Mans Hut will cough up fierce deity set faster than others as i got it there on the first few swipes with the MM link.

One claim doesn't make for verifiable data.

Okay, so I've tried this out for myself now, and sure enough, when I scanned my TP Link amiibo on the Bridge of Eldin, I did get an exclusive item almost every time.
However, while I was there I thought I'd try my other amiibo... Toon Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf showed no noticeable change to their normal drop rates, however, when I tried my Toon Link amiibo (which I was expecting to have a normal drop rate) I once again got an exclusive item almost every time.
I then went to the Temple of Time and tried the same thing, and once again, both Link amiibo showed an increased drop rate, while the others did not.
Finally, I warped to a random shrine with no notable landmarks nearby and tried again, and the same thing happened.

So... it seems that the Link amiibo have had their exclusive item drop rates increased, but it is not tied to specific locations.
When this happened I cannot say, as I haven't scanned any amiibo in a while, but seeing as it's only just been noticed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done during the update that added the XC2 gear last week.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Okay, so I've tried this out for myself now, and sure enough, when I scanned my TP Link amiibo on the Bridge of Eldin, I did get an exclusive item almost every time.
However, while I was there I thought I'd try my other amiibo... Toon Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf showed no noticeable change to their normal drop rates, however, when I tried my Toon Link amiibo (which I was expecting to have a normal drop rate) I once again got an exclusive item almost every time.
I then went to the Temple of Time and tried the same thing, and once again, both Link amiibo showed an increased drop rate, while the others did not.
Finally, I warped to a random shrine with no notable landmarks nearby and tried again, and the same thing happened.

So... it seems that the Link amiibo have had their exclusive item drop rates increased, but it is not tied to specific locations.
When this happened I cannot say, as I haven't scanned any amiibo in a while, but seeing as it's only just been noticed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done during the update that added the XC2 gear last week.

Interesting. Have you Tried Zelda,shiek and G-dorf at Hyrule Castle?

Interesting. Have you Tried Zelda,shiek and G-dorf at Hyrule Castle?
Oh yeah... I did try Ganondorf and Zelda there first while trying to figure out relevant locations for each character (also tried Kakariko for Sheik), but there wasn't any difference, so I didn't bother checking the rest before heading to the Bridge of Eldin.

Super late, but I just found this thread and decided to give it a shot with Rider Link. I noticed the horse statue at Sanidin Park Ruins looked like it was the same pose as the horse in the amiibo and sure enough I got the saddle and bridle on the first spawn in the area. Credibility seems pretty legit unless it's just dumb luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom