• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BOTW 2 fanfic

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
1575051735921.png

PART ONE

Zelda slowly opened her eyes. Her head was laying on Link’s shoulder. He was sleeping, gently snoring. She blushed and quickly sat up. She looked about her and realized where they were. The sloping field, covered by Silent Princesses was right in front of her. They had sat down in the field after defeating Calamity Ganon. She leaned back, and faced the beautiful flowers. “Ganon will never bother us again,” she said, turning around to face her knight. “Thanks to you,” she whispered softly. She slowly leaned towards him, and holding his face with her delicate hands, gently kissed him. His eyes flew open, he started, and blushing, stared into her face. She leaned back, saying. “Thank you.”

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

PART TWO

Zelda walked beside Link as they entered the battered Hyrule castle. She didn’t have the wits to look at him, for every time she did, she would start blushing, and Link would look at the ground. Finally they reached the throne room. It was night, and though Zelda wasn’t a bit sleepy, she couldn’t stand being next to Link. “I’m tired,” she said, not looking back at him. “I shall retire.” But before she could move, Link unsheathed his sword. She whirled around, and gasped. Standing there, was two yiga clan members. “Link!” She yelled as she backed up, letting him prepare for an attack. Zelda quickly reached down into her boot and grabbed a dagger. The Yiga ran towards Link, their sickles gleaming in the moonlight. Link held his shield up deflecting the blows, his quickly raced towards one, swinging his sword. One yelled in terror as Link slashed through its armor. One suddenly leapt over Link and raced towards Zelda with incredible speed. She screamed and tried to hold up her dagger, but it was to late, the yiga slashed its sword, aiming for the throat. Zelda braced herself for death. But nothing happened. She opened her eyes and looked about. Link was battling the yiga. But Zelda felt something was different. She down at her reflection and gasped. Yiga had had missed her neck, but with a price. Golden locks of hair were strewn about her, and her hair was cut about to her neck.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

PART THREE

Link chased off the last yiga, while Zelda, still silent in shock, looked at the ground. Link turned and caught eye of Zelda’s form. He gasped ran toward her. She looked up, her eyes brimming with tears. “M-my hair...” Link reached forward and hugged her as she let out quiet sobs. She was furious with herself for crying over something so little, but the tears kept coming. Link silently kissed her head. She finally collapsed in his arms, just wanting everything to disappear.

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

PART FOUR
Link slowly climbed up the stairs, holding Zelda in his arms. He looked down at her, grief swelling up inside him. Tears were stained on her face. He cursed himself for not being there to stop what happened. Even though he didn’t understand why she was so upset over some hair, that didn’t matter. She is sad, so he has to be there for her. He entered her bedroom, and carefully set her down in the soft covers. Then he walked towards the balcony. Leaning on it, he sighed. He sniffled then, as he realized what had happened. He didn’t protect her. That was his job, but he failed. Tears ran down his face as he realized he defeated Ganon, but he couldn’t even defend the princess when she needed it most.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
1575234580662.png

PART FIVE
Zelda slowly opened her eyes. She sat up, confused. Then it all flashed through her head, the attack, her hair- ‘My hair!’ She thought, reaching up, twirling her fingers in her golden locks. She suddenly heard crying. She looked up, and saw Link hunched over, tears dripping on the floor. She worriedly stood up and slowly walked towards him. “...Link?” She asked hesitantly. He turned, showing a tear-stained face. He choked and kneeled down, looking at the ground. “I-I’m sorry,” he croaked. Zelda gasped, staring down at him worriedly. “I-I failed,” he cried, pressing his face against her knees. “No you didn’t,” Zelda said, still in shock, he had never spoken before. She sat down next to him, and putting her forehead against his, said, “You’ve never failed me, you have always protected me, fought for me, and stood up for me, without a second thought.” She could feeling vibrations rack through his body as he tried to stop sobbing. “B-but I didn’t today,” he pressed. “You tried, that is all that matters.”

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

PART FIVE

Zelda quickly tied up the rest of her hair, it was time to go and reestablish Hyrule town. She walked out of her room to see Link waiting for her, his eyes staring unwavering at her face. She smiled, glad that he was back to his normal, silent self. "We're ready to go-" she was suddenly cut off as the castle started to shake violently. "Ahh!" she cried as she fell on the cold stone floor. Link quickly steadied himself as the shaking ceased. He reached out, and pulled Zelda up. "What was that, I wonder?" she said. "It felt like it was coming from the base of the castle." She looked up at Link. "It could've been some sort of earthquake, but I felt something for in, some sort of power." Link nodded silently. Zelda looked at the ground, thinking. Suddenly Zelda's eyes lit up, and gasping, said, "The caves!" she turned to face Link, "there are caves under the castle, that must be where the shaking is coming from!" She quickly grabbed a torch, hooking on her belt, she said, "Come on, Link, we have to see if that shaking was natural or not!"

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Zelda stepped up onto her new steed, King. He was a pure white horse; Link had found him. She softly stroked his neck, saying, “You are definitely my horse’s grandson, I can feel it.” She trotted up to Link, who was on a dark brown mare with a black mane. “Let us go, we have to go to the Rauru ruins, there is a entrance to a cave there.” She whipped her reigns and the horse bolted ahead, followed closely behind by Link. They galloped through the bright green grass, birds overhead. The monsters had disappeared by the defeat of Ganon, but there were still stray yiga clan members about. They crossed quite a few bridges and paths, but they finally made it to the ruins. Zelda slowly got off her pure white horse. “This town...” she said quietly. “Was a mining town, the cave was their ways of getting ore and gems.” She looked around at the destroyed city. Burnt wound pieces lay about crumbled stone. “It was my job, as a princess, to protect them,” she whispered. “So many lives, so many deaths.” Tears ran down her face as she remembered the people she met there. She looked at Link who also looked greatly troubled. “Your family lived here, correct?” She asked. He looked at her and nodded, his dark blue eyes downcast. “You know..”Zelda said softly, “there was always a little girl who would come and greet me, her name was Tulip, did you know her? She would always give me a flower and show me around.” Link stopped, staring ahead. His lips trembled. “She was your sister, wasn’t she?” Zelda mumbled. By this Link broke down in tears. “Let’s get in the cave before more memories haunt us.”

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

Zelda lowered her torch into the fire, lightning it. Turning to the entrance to the cave, she whispered, “Come on Link.” He followed behind her, casting his eyes about the dark cave as they entered. Drops of water trickled down the sides of the cavern, and small bats flew overhead. They took turns and turns through the cave, getting deeper and deeper. Suddenly, Zelda shuddered. She then looked at Link. “I felt something, like something terribly cold passed through me.” Link could tell she was unsettled, but put a brave face on. They finally came to a small tunnel, in only Link and Zelda could fit, not their horses. Zelda got off her steed, and stroking it, grabbed the pack off of King, and put it down the hole. “Come on, Link,” she said as she crouched down. She had to extinguish the torch, for it was dangerous to have it so close to her face and clothes. She slowly edged her way through the tunneling in the dark, pushing herself forward with her elbows. Link followed, careful not to bump into her. Suddenly he heard Zelda gasp ahead. He panicked, pushing himself forward frantically. But when he came close her, she spoke, “ Link, look!” He saw a waterfall, flowing down and turning into a slow river. Light was shining down from the crack the waterfall coming down from, and it illuminated the room into a light blue. He and Zelda squeezed out, and set their stuff by the water. They then made camp, and laying down, fell asleep.

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

Link woke. Pale light poured down into the cave, making the water gleam and shimmer. Link rose and looked about. Suddenly, he gasped. Standing in the edge of darkness, a dark figure. Link quickly pulled out his sword. As he slowly approached it, it suddenly vanished. He gasped and ran to where the mysterious person stood. Nothing. Link looked warily about in the darkness, but nothing was there. He slowly backed up to where Zelda was sleeping, and gently nudged her with his foot, not keeping his eyes off the darkness. Zelda grunted, and blinking, confused, said, “Whaa?” Link quickly helped her up and pointed to the luggage. She quickly packed it up as Link surveyed the area. “What is it Link?” She asked worriedly as she put the pack on her back. Suddenly she gasped. She fell to the floor, grabbing at her neck. “L-link!!” She managed to croak as he came rushing to her side. Her eyes grew dim, closing. Link panicked, trying to pry an unseen force off her neck. He finally quickly pulled her up to him and threw his arms around her, breaking the contact of the demon. He held her close, fiercely staring out into the unknown. She suddenly slid out of his arms and onto the floor, unconscious. He kneeled beside her, stroking her hair. After a few minutes of silence her eyes fluttered open. She stared into Link’s face in shock and confusion. “S-Something t-tried to choke m-me...” she stuttered, still in shock. Link helped her up. He noticed she stood beside him even closer now. “Come on, Link,” she said bravely, lighting her torch. We still have to find what caused that earthquake.” They slowly walked into the unknown...

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

Water drops trickled down the cave as they walked. Zelda's torch lit up the tunnel in a soft orange glow. Everything was silent as they walked on. Suddenly Zelda gasped in fright. Link turned to look at her, and her hands were covering her face. She knelt down, shaking terribly. "L-Link!!" she cried out. He slowly pulled her hands off of her face. She looked up at him in fear. "T-To black figures raced towards me, and th-they had some sort of viscous sickle..." Link looked around, but there was nothing to be seen in the dark surroundings. "..and they r-ran right th-through me, it was so cold!" She started to sob, pressing her head against his chest. "I-It was just like th-that fight w-with the yiga!" she wailed. Link looked down at her, concerned. He lifted her up on her feet, and hugged her. She had quieted down now, just shaking. She finally looked up at Link with a tear-stained face. "Thank you, Link," she said softly, "thank you for comforting me." she said, "I know I'm weak, for crying over something like that, something of my imagination-" "No, No you're not," Link mumbled. "You're the bravest person I know," he said, raising his voice, "Facing Ganon like that, and for one hundred years too, you're an amazing woman." He then turned red, realizing what he said. Zelda came closer, emotion in her eyes. "you're the only one that has ever said anything like that before," she got closer, and placing her hands on his chest, kissed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom