• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BotW 2 E3 trailer

Was the Greek warrior looking, long haired character falling from the Sky BOTW's Link or a Zonai ancestor? the one who originally had the arm powers?

the length of what was shown and the vague non-info is still disappointing...

I don't think it will be delayed til 2023 like some are negatively saying because unlike BOTW they already have the base of the world to have worked with and nothing about COVID work stoppage could change that... So, I think it's early spring 2022 or February if we're even luckier.

It also looks like it's trying to have Skyward Sword themes so they might be trying to tie the Calamity in with the origins of Demise and Hylia?

the long theorized underground Hyrule seems to not be what they're going with and instead raised portions of the BOTW landscape we know...

I'm going to go out on a limb and be negative slightly myself and say dungeons in the way we know them pre-BOTW aren't coming back but instead the raised segments of Hyrule will work like obstacle course open world areas with world bosses and maybe some cavern like elements to them with enemies and world bosses in but no return of traditional themed dungeons

the whole world of BOTW 1 and 2 are its theme(s) and tie in to the core design of gameplay. We won't, I don't believe, be seeing a return of dungeons that lock you into them and you can't progress unless you find keys and use a map and all of that.

It's still going to be the jump in and jump out (quickly) of areas whether they be on the surface world and or in the sky.

We really only saw repurposed enemies from BOTW (Bokoblins with horns on their head and Stone Taluses with Bokoblin bases on their backs), along with some wall hanging slug monster....

I really hope there's a return of some old enemies and some new enemies added to this game not just the same BOTW enemies slightly repurposed and put into the new game world.

The water droplet travel component where "Link?" almost reverses time(?) to travel upwards (like a raindrop in reverse) to the raised portion of Hyrule(?) reminds me of the Sheikah tech "tears"....

I wonder what that is all about....

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Was the Greek warrior looking, long haired character falling from the Sky BOTW's Link or a Zonai ancestor? the one who originally had the arm powers?
Uh, that was pretty obviously BotW Link. It looked like him, it's got the arm thing that Link has. We see Link use the arm in place of the Sheikah Slate to like, backwards stasis an object through time to bowl over some enemies.

image9.png

image7.png

This is 100% the same person. No idea how people can mistake that just cuz he has different clothes.

Not mistaking it. Because obviously the arm holding Demise or Ganon down in the crypt had to have belonged to someone from the past... It could possibly be that character and that character could be of the Zonai.

Just because it looks like Link from behind doesn't mean it's link. We never see the character's face at all.

And we do see BOTW Link in the trailer as well in his champion's clothes and the same arm power.

If there's some time travel component to the game we could be playing as someone from the past.

But I could be wrong and it could be link wearing just a Zonai outfit but that seems a bit odd just to throw in there and have the two distinctly different looking character looks like they're almost different characters and to only show him from the back when he's wearing that... and it's obvious the arm belonged to a warrior from the past.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Not mistaking it. Because obviously the arm holding Demise or Ganon down in the crypt had to have belonged to someone from the past... It could possibly be that character and that character could be of the Zonai.

Just because it looks like Link from behind doesn't mean it's link. We never see the character's face at all.

And we do see BOTW Link in the trailer as well in his champion's clothes and the same arm power.

If there's some time travel component to the game we could be playing as someone from the past.

But I could be wrong and it could be link wearing just a Zonai outfit but that seems a bit odd just to throw in there and have the two distinctly different looking character looks like they're almost different characters and to only show him from the back when he's wearing that... and it's obvious the arm belonged to a warrior from the past.
He's wearing a different pair of pants in this scene so it's extremely likely that this look is just a different armor set and we're getting BotW's armor system again.

bd4a83ff584c9a53135f3f25d9fdb3450a85751c.gif

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
Quite disappointed tbh, this teaser could have been easily shown in a previous direct. No title, no significant hints about the story, just a year window for release. Expected more from Aonuma. Unless , as someone mentioned, that they might hold another direct soon after Skyward Sword releases, this E3 was not very exciting (apart from metroid).

Okay that probably is just Link and not another character.

Quite disappointed tbh, this teaser could have been easily shown in a previous direct. No title, no significant hints about the story, just a year window for release. Expected more from Aonuma. Unless , as someone mentioned, that they might hold another direct soon after Skyward Sword releases, this E3 was not very exciting (apart from metroid).

Yeah, and shots of things like Link floating around the regular landscape of Hyrule on his paraglider fighting Bokoblins looks like ordinary gameplay from vanilla regular BOTW 2017... we waited to see things we have already seen for the last 4 or 5 years. We saw Link running around ordinary BOTW Hyrule as far back as 2016 E3... Man, they could have shown us more of the new world and left out that other stuff we'd already seen.

The fact that the focus seems to be on exploring the sky makes me think that those of us who wanted Link to maybe be able to swim beneath the surface of the water in Hyrule and explore what's down there ... well maybe we are going to be disappointed in that again.. no diving... no water temples

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Hope there's huge connections to Skyward Sword with the whole sky stuff. It seems kind of deliberate how they keep reminding us how Skyward Sword is the earliest point in the franchise and how it kind of influenced certain mechanics in Breath of the Wild only to show us floating islands in the sky and Link diving through the clouds.

I really hope Link has more equipment than just the runes this time. We see him holding some sort of flame thrower. Would be really disappointed if it's just a disposable weapon and not a key item. Also really want dungeons to make a return too. It looks like Link was standing by the entrance of one in the sky at the end. Would also be cool if we can customize Link a little more than before. I know certain gear changed his hairstyle before, but what if it's something we can change from the beginning?

Even though development has been quite long despite looking like the same game still, I'm really not worried. This trailer didn't show us much, which only means they've really taken their time reassessing the type of content present in this overworld and making massive alterations to the world as we can see with all the sky stuff.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Now we just need a subtitle. I do honestly hope it's not gonna stay as "Breath of the Wild 2".
Bill Trinen just went on record to say that the game has an official subtitle already but they decided not to reveal it because it'd give away some aspect of the story that they aren't ready to reveal yet.

Eh. I was hoping for a Majora's Mask style sequel. Obviously reusing a lot from the first game but in ways that deliver something new. From what little we've seen it just looks like BotW with floating platforms and caves. If the sky/underground portions are able to match the reused overworld in terms of content and quality, then great but I feel like if they were going to put that effort into them they wouldn't be reusing any maps to begin with.

As it looks right now, BotW2 is a "wait for it to be cheaper used" game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom