• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bosses

In a few games in the series, the various dungeon's bosses have a very clear back story, i.e. in OoT, they are servants of Ganondorf, in MM they are evil spirits that have trapped the giants, in LA they are extensions of the Wind Fish's Nightmare. But in games such as the original, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, the Oracles, Wind Waker (to a degree), Minish Cap, and the DS games, the origin/purpose of the boss goes largely unexplained. Are they guardians of the dungeon treasure, servants of the game's main antagonist, or simply random monsters in a cave? What do you guys think?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
It all depends on the boss. Most of the bosses can be categorized as just giant monsters sent there by the main villain. Some cases, ex. Gohdan, can be guardians placed there by more mystic forces to prove the hero's worth.

Rachel

be vigitant
If no reason was provided for it, I've assumed that the boss is the 'leader' of the bad guys in that particular area. In those cases I've thought of the dungeon as their territory and the boss room as their chamber or throne room.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
In TLoZ we have monsters put there by someone
in AoL we have tests
in ALttP we have monsters put there by Ganon
in LA we have manifestations of the nightmare
In OoT we havemonsters put there by ganon
-Bongo Bongo is a sealed spirit
-Volvagia is an ancient dragon
-Twinrova has plenty backstory
In MM we have monsters out there by Majora
Haven't played OoX
In WW we have monsters put there by Ganon
-Gohdan is a test
-Helmaroc king is a servant of Ganon
FS is unknown
Haven't played FSA
Haven't played TMC
In TP they are mutated by the fused shadows/mirror of twilight
-Stallord was revid by Zant
In PH they are extensions of Bellum's evil
In ST they are extensions of Malladus's evil
In SS we have...
-Ghirahim is pretty obvious
-Molgera (that was its name right?) was summoned by Ghirahim
-Moldarach is a monster
-Koloktos is a guardian
-Tentalus is a Leviathan
-Bilocyte is a parasitic monster

That covers most of the bosses

Who put them there in LoZ? Are the first three bosses in LttP Ganon's servants as well? For both, I thought they were just random monsters. Where in Wind Waker does it say they were put there by Ganon, and Where in PH/ST does it say they are extentions of Bellum/Malladus' evil?

I thought the first 3 bosses in aLttP were guardians of the pedants put there by the goddesses or whoever hid them. But yes the other 7 are high ranking, highly trusted servants of ganon.

Who put them there in LoZ? Are the first three bosses in LttP Ganon's servants as well? For both, I thought they were just random monsters. Where in Wind Waker does it say they were put there by Ganon, and Where in PH/ST does it say they are extentions of Bellum/Malladus' evil?

Well, in LoZ they were monsters created by Ganon. The first three in LttP were guardians of pendents. In TWW, Ganon put them there so Link couldn't reach him (trials). And in ST, it was part of Cole's curse. I ddin't play PH, sorry.

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I think that Ganon really exists in every Zelda game, but may not appear in all....I think that Ganon is the cause of all evil in the franchise, and that people like Demise, Vaati, Majora, etc., etc., ae all servants of Ganon sent out to try to kill Link.

I think that Ganon really exists in every Zelda game, but may not appear in all....I think that Ganon is the cause of all evil in the franchise, and that people like Demise, Vaati, Majora, etc., etc., ae all servants of Ganon sent out to try to kill Link.

No, not really. Demise, for one, never wanted to kill Link. He wanted to overcome the world with evil, and Link was one of his obstacles. Majora, same thing, Link was an obstacle. Vaati, Link was an obstacle. Really, Link just gets in the way of non-Ganon evil people.

The bosses in windwaker were set by the gods so only the hero can defeat them, protecting the things in the game you need to upgrade the master sword. and the first boss is direct from ganondorf himself.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
The bosses in windwaker were set by the gods so only the hero can defeat them, protecting the things in the game you need to upgrade the master sword. and the first boss is direct from ganondorf himself.

The bosses in the two temples were put there by Ganon before the flood. Remember, the sages that were killed by the monsters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom