• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bosses you had trouble with

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Hey guys!

I was thinking:
What bosses did you all have trouble with, and why? When was that? Do you still have trouble with that boss?

Here I go:

Bongo Bongo (OoT)- I had no trouble on my 1st playthrough, and on MQ, but on my 2nd playthrough of normal mode, all the sudden I COULD NOT BEAT IT! I had ran out of arrows, and was using my hookshot, and was having trouble with the targeting. That was a few years ago, and I have no more trouble with that boss

Thunderblight Ganon (BoTW)- Forgot to take off my metal armor... About 5 days in to BoTW. Haven't done a 2nd playthrough, so I don't know if I'll still have trouble

Gyorg (MM)- Just because I could never get it to come near me to attack it... It was also because MM3d Zora controls SUCK. I still have a bit of trouble with that boss, actually.

Twinmold (MM)- I have NO idea what went wrong with that fight, but it took an entire day to complete. It was a year or so ago, and I don't know if I'll still have trouble with it or not.

Mothula (ALttP)- GOD that ****ing conveyor belt did it for me! It was HARD, and that's the reason why I took a 2 month break from ALttP about a year ago... Came back and beat it finally, though. I don't know if I'll still have trouble with it though.

Gleeok (LoZ)- I couldn't shoot my bow right, and it always got me right at the end... tried it with my sword, but that was even worse, until I left the dungeon, and upgraded my sword, and bought a red potion. Then it was a piece of cake. That was 6 months ago or so, and I have no more trouble with that boss.

Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment. I'll see if I remember any more.

Ninja

Well well well
Phantom Ganon (OOT) - When I was younger, I could not for the life of me figure that bastard out. Currently, no issues fighting him.

Thunderblight Ganon - Third phase wrecked me a few times before I got the timing down to flurry rush him. Daruk's Protection helped out. It was my third dungeon.

Ghirahim (Final Battle) - Died a couple times, figured him out thanks to motion control cooperation.

The Imprisoned (Third time) - Self explanatory.

funnier6

Courage~
Definitely Veran from OoA was the hardest boss ever for me, still hard for me to beat her. I can't remember how many tries it took me but something past ten for sure and that was a looong boss fight.

Oh also the Imprisoned. He still haunts my nightmares and fills my heart with fear. o-o

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I came on here to rant about bosses I had worked for that were rubbish lol.
Deffo bongo bongo for me for whatever reason on my current playthrough I cannot get the targeting down and only manage about 3 hits before I die.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
the Stone tower one, MM first I cant figure out how to get to him, second I cant get to him so I cant get to Majora.....
Thunder blight then i got the rubber suit and wham bam thank you ma'am......

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Zelda bosses post ALttP have always been a breeze... except Bongo. He's tricky, and took me a while to catch on the first time. Really felt stupid when I figured out what I was doing wrong. Bongo literally shakes up everything you've come to expect from bosses, which can literally throw you off :)

What's neat about that fight though is you can beat it with a lot of technique. I've seen people do flawless victories without the Lens and using just the sword.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Zelda bosses post ALttP have always been a breeze... except Bongo. He's tricky, and took me a while to catch on the first time. Really felt stupid when I figured out what I was doing wrong. Bongo literally shakes up everything you've come to expect from bosses, which can literally throw you off :)

What's neat about that fight though is you can beat it with a lot of technique. I've seen people do flawless victories without the Lens and using just the sword.

How!!!!!???? I still can't beat him!!!!

D

Deleted member 84722

*Can't remember name of final Vaati form from Minish Cap*
*pulls out gba*
*looks up figurine 136*
litterally what I did before writing this post

Vaati's Wrath from The Legend of Zelda Minish:Cap. You kow that feeling when you cant solve a puzzle, then you look it up just to see how much of an idiot you are for not being able to solve it? Well, that describes exactly how I felt when I finally defeated this boss.

Originally when I could not defeat this boss (I was a 7yo at the time), I pretty much just gave up seeing as I could not figure it out. When I first got access to the internet, I decided to look this up and to my suprise I did not think of one thing: Use that shiny yellow Cane of Pacci. Once I knew that I finally got to see an ending I have never been able to see.

Dark Link - Zelda 2 - Without using the AI abuse exploit, this is quite the tough boss. You need real skill to beat it, I ofen fail trying to beat it the legit way.

Thunderbird - Zelda 2 - For me I have to use a certain set of spells. Thunder first (no choice there), then I use reflect, junp and shield. That leaves no magic left to heal. The boss is really tough. I find reflect helps me a lot mroe than heal does. It's still a little hit an miss for me. I often beat it with only a single health bar remaining.

Ganon - Hyrule Warriors - Probably more annoying than hard, but still tough too. Having to guess which side seapon to have out so you can use fast in the first phase is tricky and doing all this while going for A rank makes it even harder.

Ganon - NintendoLand - He is actually quite hard. You can beat him with the sword only or the bow only. One fo these two options is hard and the other is really hard.

Demise - Skyward Sword - Very straight forward. Just very easy to miss a block or dodge and take a lot of damage. Took me quite a few tries to beat him.

Flying Guardian - Breath of the Wild - Total pain to beat. I have beaten one of them, the hard way. Wasted quite a few bomb arrows with slow time to hit all 3 of it's propellers to destroy them and ground it. Without crazy good laser perfect blocking skills (which I do not have), beating one of these things is tough as.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I rarely have has trouble with Zelda bosses, it's mostly learning their attack patterns and waiting for an opening, but the rare ones that are difficult;
Windblight Ganon (BotW) - Getting the timing to shield bash his blasts was really difficult, ultimately just spammed bomb arrows.
Twinmold (MM3D) - the little minions they spew out really take a toll on you. The original was kind of difficult as well
Mothula (OoS) - This one was just tricky to beat for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom