• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Bosses Too Easy

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I have watched some boss videos and most of them look really cool but go down in 50 secs so my question is so you think the bosses r to easy

No, I don't think they were. They weren't the hardest thing to get through, but I found the difficulty to not be too deviant with the rest of the more modern Zelda games.

Having said that, I have to applaud ALBW for upping up the challenge level, with regard to the bosses especially. Zelda has gotten in to the bad habit of just having mind-numbingly easy bosses. This dates back to the first 3D game in OoT, and it's carried over to pretty much every game since, especially the 3D ones. WW and TP are probably the biggest offenders, but SS made some good process towards making you actually have to think to take them down. The trend continues in ALBW, which is only a good thing. I never died during my first run, but I did run low on hearts during some of the first few Lorule bosses.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yeah, the bosses are great. They're at the perfect level of not too hard, but not too easy, and they never rely on stupid gimmicks regarding the main item needed for their specific dungeons. Items are often used against bosses, yes, but they're not the be-all, end-all means to defeating them. They're just a part of the fight, a method of approach that A Link to the Past took. Like Vergo said, many modern Zelda bosses were absurdly easy, and one of the main reasons was because they CENTERED around the dungeon items.

Skyward Sword finally broke away from that horrible trend, and A Link Between Worlds does it just as well. Its bosses are actually probably on par with Skyward Sword's, which is an impressive feat. Not many games have the kind of boss lineup that game does, so it's good to see the game following it up dish out that awesome quality rather than taking a step backwards, like when going from Majora's Mask to The Wind Waker.

Any boss where you could abuse the painting mechanic was made significantly easier. If I was having trouble, I'd merge into the wall to avoid the boss's attack since most had predictable attack patterns, the Gemasaur King being an exception.

The hardest boss for me was the Desert Palace's because it required quick reflexes and there was little room to avoid its attacks, Link being limited to the pathways created by the Sand Rod.

ALBW didn't have the best bosses, but for the most part, they were more thoughtfully designed than what we've gotten in the last few games and on-par with previous top-down bosses.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope, they weren't but they weren't hard either. I enjoyed them tremendously. They were fun and cool to fight against. Every boss was unique and even though they had patterns they were very funny and great to battle

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
While I didn't think any of them were particularly difficult, most weren't easy (besides Moldorm... they nerfed the **** out of him). I've yet to play past the Eastern Palace in hero mode though. I'm guessing I'll find that more to my liking.

Curmudgeon

Nnnnnooooooo, they just took out what made him freaking ANNOYING in A Link to the Past. He was actually enjoyable for once...

And deny the younger generation the urge to smash their face into a wall? Fail, Nintendo.

Curmudgeon

Please be sarcasm. I sincerely hope you don't wish developers to intentionally design something so frustrating that it makes you want to ragequit.

Have you never read my user title? It's the only mode of communication I use on the internet.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Yeah, they're pretty easy...welcome to Zelda. As far as difficulty goes, ALBW is average. No reason to be disappointed in that unless you were expecting aLttP difficulty.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I was actually kind of disappointed, just a little, with the bosses. Not to say they weren't difficult at all, I had trouble with them still. But there were those bosses like Moldorm or the Gemasaur king, I think he is now called, pretty much any boss brought over from alttp, that were a bit to easy. I was so frustrated to find out they removed the only difficult part about Moldorm.

For the most part, though, I really did like the bosses of this game.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
Any boss where you could abuse the painting mechanic was made significantly easier. If I was having trouble, I'd merge into the wall to avoid the boss's attack since most had predictable attack patterns, the Gemasaur King being an exception.

The hardest boss for me was the Desert Palace's because it required quick reflexes and there was little room to avoid its attacks, Link being limited to the pathways created by the Sand Rod.

ALBW didn't have the best bosses, but for the most part, they were more thoughtfully designed than what we've gotten in the last few games and on-par with previous top-down bosses.

Overall the bosses were pretty easy, especially Yuga and Moldorm. Also the final boss seemed laughably easy, especially since I had the red mail and the level 3 master sword.

I also had the most difficulty with the desert boss. I'm embarrassed to say I died on this boss, the only one I died on. I kept getting pushed into the sand and I was too lazy to gather potions. I also did the desert level as soon as I could and didn't have any upgrades.

There were a couple of other bosses that did me a fair amount of damage, like the Knucklemaster until I figured out the merging into walls trick.

Other than that, they were relatively esay.

MyFaceYourFace

Laughing at myself...
I fond it to be a nice difficulty. Not to hard but not to easy either. I honestly don't prefer harder bosses. The ones I really enjoy are ones that have a feeling of challenge but are not hard enough to kill you before you get a hang of there patterns and how to defeat them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom