• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Bosses: Making Them More in Your Face

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
and a good old-fashioned boss that's in your face would be simply "too challenging" for our current pampered kid gamers.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to revert to 2D horrible graphics just because some kids are accustomed to having the silver platter being handed to them with little-to-no work. :I All I have to say is toughen up, because I'm not asking for No Heart, just tougher, quicker, and more dangerous bosses. :I

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm sorry but I'm not going to revert to 2D horrible graphics just because some kids are accustomed to having the silver platter being handed to them with little-to-no work. :I All I have to say is toughen up, because I'm not asking for No Heart, just tougher, quicker, and more dangerous bosses. :I

Well there's games out there for people who want a challenge...but Nintendo doesn't make them. These are the games for people who don't want a challenge or don't care.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
if you think about it though, the only reason most bosses in 3D zelda games are so easy, is mainly due to the pace of the battle! Take Gohma for example. i only choose this cuz EVERYONE has fought this battle! This is a Super Easy battle, but lets just say we speed her movement up, and give her some projectiles while she hiding up on the ceiling, add in the eggs she drops, and make her more aggressive while the underlings are attacking, and you might have a pretty tough battle.

It all has to do with the pace. I feel one boss that could have been a pain in the butt if not so slow is Koloktos. Epic battle, you can watch you tube videos that make this battle look easy as hell, but its not as easy as they make it look. I remember being Very frustrated with that battle even at the slow pace, it came to the point where i make Koloktos take out all the pillars so i could refill my hearts. However if you speed the battle up, and add nothing, that would be and extremely difficult boss!

DarkestLink

Another boss that comes to mind...Kalle Demos. Pretty aggressive...gotta be constantly moving...but he's easier to 1-stun-kill than Gohma.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Yeah, Koloktos was the one boss in SS I really enjoyed. But isn't it possible that there are simply obssessed gamers who can master any difficulty after a million tries before posting the result on youtube?

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I think it's really only possible to pull it off in the 2D games. With the 3D games, and the limited movement (srsly, no jumping), you can't really have an in your face boss. But the 2D games certainly can. Hopefully ALBW brings that back with being ALTTP-esque. I get a feeling a lot of the bosses in ALBW will be watered down ALTTP bosses, which is still pretty in your face, especially if they bring back Mothula.
So give us the ability to jump.

There are enough buttons the on controller.

And Skyward sword was ok with changing the 3d models of links normal movement, aka the semi parcour he has going on.

No reason we can't have a bullet (tentacle arm) hell boss in 3d.

DarkestLink

@Darkestlink There is also the waka, Oki and yami battles also.

Yami wasn't much more aggressive than your typical Zelda boss. Waka and Oki weren't bosses and they fought similar to TP Ganondorf...which is to say they spent the majority of the fight slowly moving in your direction as if they weren't sure if they wanted to actually do this or not.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Yami wasn't much more aggressive than your typical Zelda boss. Waka and Oki weren't bosses and they fought similar to TP Ganondorf...which is to say they spent the majority of the fight slowly moving in your direction as if they weren't sure if they wanted to actually do this or not.

A boss is an enemy-based challenge waka attacks way way more then any boss in any 3d zelda game the same with oki. Yami as you go on with the figh gets more and more agresive. Then there are the figh with all the canine warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom